Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Maritimes

you certainly found the right spot for the questions ,welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by nldave View Post
    I'm from St. John's also.. newbie firearms owner and member of the St. John's Rod and Gun Club as of this year. I'm interested in both rimfire and centrefire rifle shooting...wondering if there are any clubs or groups that have organized matches and how to get involved.
    Might as well make it lucky number 6! I'm in Mount Pearl and have been on this forum forever Well it feels like that. Anyhow if anybody has any questions about reloading or shooting in general, I might be able to help. I'm no expert, but I've sat at the reloading bench quite a bit. I should also add that I'm old school with a single stage press, none of that new fangled progressive reloading for me. Feel free to drop me a PM, and I'll try to help.
    Member: National Firearms Association
    Member: Conservative Party of Canada
    Member: National Rifle Association

Good day All. Im new to shooting in NS. are there many walk in shops in the HRM/Valley area?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bill c68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novie View Post
    Good day All. Im new to shooting in NS. are there many walk in shops in the HRM/Valley area?
    I know of teh Army Navy Store in HFX and Hnatiuks in Elmsdale. Army Navy has some nice used toys but little customer service and not terribly friendly. I have never been in Hnatiuks yet as I didn't know where it was. Too bad, I hear an ad on the radio for the place about 10 minutes after leaving Elmsdale to head home to PEI.

Lequille's Country Store stock a quite a bit of stuff too , just outside Annapolis Royal , what are you looking for ? There is nothing much in the Bridgewater area , so don't waste your time here.

I visited the store in Elmsdale, not a bad little selection. My buddy found a really nice deal on a used model 94, 30-30.

If anyone's looking to pass on their hunting wisdom near Oromocto, NB, I'm all ears. Been shooting for almost 5 years but I'm hoping 2010 will be my first year out hunting (anything from rabbit to moose!).
    True North

I guess Newfoundlanders are left out lol, Newfoundland isn't a Maritime province :P

well , we will let you play with us Mark .

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    I'm located in Newfoundland and am able to assist any newbies with any questions or concerns they may have about shooting, clubs on the island and in Labrador, and I have contacts they may require as well.

Fry
    I got a bunch of questions? You want me to PM them? Just completed HSEC non-restricted, I have to do the restrcited. Just moved back to NL from the US after 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Standard View Post
    Might as well make it lucky number 6! I'm in Mount Pearl and have been on this forum forever Well it feels like that. Anyhow if anybody has any questions about reloading or shooting in general, I might be able to help. I'm no expert, but I've sat at the reloading bench quite a bit. I should also add that I'm old school with a single stage press, none of that new fangled progressive reloading for me. Feel free to drop me a PM, and I'll try to help.
    Mount Pearl here too.