Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Maritimes

Quote Originally Posted by v1b3 View Post
    Mount Pearl here too.
    Welcome aboard v1b3, I asked where you were located on the introduction thread, but now I know
    Member: National Firearms Association
    Member: Conservative Party of Canada
    Member: National Rifle Association

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Standard View Post
    Welcome aboard v1b3, I asked where you were located on the introduction thread, but now I know
    look at all the by's la

Hey East Coasters!

New to the shooting sports. Live in Halifax. Look forward to maybe shooting with some of you in the future. Just about to do my cert next week.

As a side note, I would love someone to show me the ropes. I'm 24, mature and generally easy going. I'll cover any reasonable ammo costs! I've also shot a few firearms in the past, and know the general rules of the sport so I wont shoot myself in the foot

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nangisan; 01-16-2010 at 11:16 AM.

Hey all,

Just sent my RPAL application off this past weekend. I used to do .22 range shooting and clay pigeon as a youth, but around that time, the UK went off the rails and banned firearms almost outright. Really excited to get back into this hobby.

I'd like to be as ready as possible to go shopping when it comes through, and have a ton of questions (some of which have already been answered in this helpful thread). I'll try to keep it to a couple of questions for now.

First of all, does anyone know of dealers in the Halifax Metro area? I know Army Navy on Agricola deals in firearms, but that's it.

Secondly, I'd really like to get some recommendations for firearms. I'm going to start with a non-restricted rifle, as it gives me the most options in my activities. My primary use will be target shooting, so I'd like something accurate, but I also want something that I can occasionally hunt with, which makes .22s a less attractive option, from the reading I've done, .308 seems like the way to go. I'd like something that comes with iron sights, but that I can easily put a scope on later if I choose. My preference is for bolt action, and something with a detachable box magazine.

I'll leave it at that for now, any tips related to either of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

CGN frequent flyer Don'tkillbill's Avatar
    Hey all.

Old Newbie in PEI. Just send in my PAL appllication. Looking to join a range and get a lever action cowboy shooter maybe an old enfield. Something a little differnet to do on the weekend. Maybe try deer hunting. Anyone else on PEI on this board?

Bill

Smile Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tkillbill View Post
    Hey all.

Old Newbie in PEI. Just send in my PAL appllication. Looking to join a range and get a lever action cowboy shooter maybe an old enfield. Something a little differnet to do on the weekend. Maybe try deer hunting. Anyone else on PEI on this board?

Bill
    There are a number of us from the Island on CGN.

Here's a thread about range issues:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=420862

It includes a little mention of some CAS aspirations, too. I don't know what the numbers are, but I know some others here who are getting into shooting lately (and have been adults for a while).

Welcome aboard!

Hampton rifle & pistol club inc.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCub View Post
    I'm @ Saint John, NB ........

.............. which is far enough from Dosing.

Hey Supercub,

Looking for a place close to Saint John to shoot.

The Hampton Rifle Pistol Club Inc
    6 Church St., Hampton,NB
    Basement of the Mason Hall

We meet every Tuesday @ 7pm-9pm then we have a second meeting @ Tims
    We also meet on Sunday @ 1pm but limited to .22 cal for this time only.

We also have an Outdoor Range which is located in Bloomfield,NB which is busy in the summer but you have snowshoe or ski in.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

CGN frequent flyer Don'tkillbill's Avatar
    I need to shop and atleast look at some rifles. What are some good places in the Maritimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tkillbill View Post
    I need to shop and atleast look at some rifles. What are some good places in the Maritimes?
    If you don't mind the drive, The Gun Dealer in McAdam, NB, boasts to have the largest stock of firearms in the Maritimes. It's definitely worth checking them out.
    When they came for my Full auto machine gun, no one did a thing, as it didn't affect them. When they came for my Converted auto, they still said nothing. When they came for my Handguns and Semi-autos they were still too scared to say anything. When they came for my single shot bolt-action .22 rifle, there was no one left to help me.
    Is this what we want to see in our future?

Are there ever any gun shows in the Fredericton area?