Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - Maritimes

Post Newbies Challenging Safety Course

Hey all, a friend and myself are planning to challenge the Hunter/Firearms Safety course, here in NB. We would prefer to take the course but are unable to, due to work hours, personal commitments....etc. We just picked up our books and will be studing intently. Both of us are very confident that we will pass the written parts of the test, since we have both been learning a lot on our own about all the rules/regulations and been around firearms. has anyone been through the test challenge for NB that could give us a good layout of what to expect and tips? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ps: We are in Saint John.

Hey Jason here, I'm in Eastern Passage. I've got an sks, looking for either an m-14 or a lee enfield. I've fired at the Valhalla range as a walk in and it was a great time, the guy there was nice too. I've noticed that the membership for the various clubs and associations around metro are pretty pricy so I don't think I'll be joining anytime soon.
    Anyway, cheers everyone!

Hello, I am looking to find out what is the normal method for picking up a restricted firearms from Canada Post in Nova Scotia. Do I need to set up some kind of ATT? I have heard other just say the pick it up. I am worried that when i call to set up my long term ATT, they will ask how it got to the house.

Thanks!

To answer my own question. I called the CFO and they said to call them and set up an STATT before you pick up a restricted firearm from Canada Post. It'll only take a few seconds. I'm not so worried about having it in my car without an ATT, but I'd hate to be questioned in anyway about how I got it home without an ATT. Better to be safe then sorry, especially if it is a simple process.

Hey all, I remember reading on here somewhere about gun shows in NS but I can't remember where and when they usually are. Anybody here know?

any members in here from the moncton region?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by JRoche View Post
    Hey all, I remember reading on here somewhere about gun shows in NS but I can't remember where and when they usually are. Anybody here know?
    Next one is the 12th Annual West Pictou Wildlife Association gunshow, April 14&15th, 2012, at a new location, at the Northumberland Regional High School, Alma, Pictou County, Exit 21 from Hwy. 104.

After that, it will be the Maritime Arms Collectors Association's 51st Annual Antique Arms Fair & Sportsmen's Show and Sale, Sept. 29&30th, 2012, at the Bible Hill Junior High, 741 College Road, Bible Hill.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NShunter1254's Avatar
    Would anyone here recognize the name of Les Robichaud In the Moncton area ? I found a 2 gig sd card in the betterbuy sports/Atlantic superstore parking lot.The card contains approx 600 family photos that i would like to return to them.
    Your ability to present information here through the written word is your sword. The way you wield your weapon will either miss the target or cut to the heart of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by NShunter1254 View Post
    Would anyone here recognize the name of Les Robichaud In the Moncton area ? I found a 2 gig sd card in the betterbuy sports/Atlantic superstore parking lot.The card contains approx 600 family photos that i would like to return to them.
    Try a facebook search,see if you can recognize anyone from the photos
    People often fear what they don't understand,even MORE people choose to remain ignorant.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NShunter1254's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winchester_II View Post
    Try a facebook search,see if you can recognize anyone from the photos

I tried the facebook search from google and didn't reconize the pictures.I don't use facebook myself so i'm not sure if i would get more results if i was a member.I also tried canada 411 with 8 results for L Robichaud
    Your ability to present information here through the written word is your sword. The way you wield your weapon will either miss the target or cut to the heart of the matter.