Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors - YK, NWT, & NU

tootall

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Meeting place for Newbies and Mentors
For those that have little to no experience, this is the place to contact those of us that are willing to meet with you, and let you pop off a few rounds.

Contact the following Mentors by PM (scroll over the user name to access the drop down menu) to arrange a range day meeting.

Last edited:
I'm in Whitehorse as well. I don't have any .223 - yet. But I do have a 7.62x39. I also have keys to the local range. If you're still looking to shoot, me and Abom usually go out on most Sundays.

Well, as the longest member in yellowknife, I suppose I'm a bit mental, so that makes me a "mentor"!
Seriously though, Yellowknife has lots of willing shooters that will give anyone a hand. Just drop by the Shooting Performance Centre any time.

South of the lake (Great Slave) in Hay River, NT there is a great group of people.. always willing to take a new shooter out. just PM to set up a time.
rifles, handguns, shotguns, archery.

Last edited:
I'm getting my FAC on the 7-8th Feb and have a Norinco M305 on lay away at Hogan's waiting for my last payment. I'll be looking for some range time and want to join the rifle/pistol club. The teacher is Smokey, my wife will also be coming.
Patrick

Hey, Im gonna be working in Whitehorse this summer; I'm looking for places to plink, or perhaps join a range for the summer months.

I shoot trap (not very well), and some pistol.

Thanks, MIke

Need HELP!

Hi,

I am in the process of getting my PAL - passed the exam two weeks ago - and am looking around at gun dealers websites, I have come across this Zoraki 914 blank shooting handgun on this website which belongs to a seller in BC,
They have mentioned that this is considered a non-gun and does not need any kind of license to buy it!

Is this true? So far neither them nor RCMP have replied to my question whether this falls under the category of a replica or not. This is a beautiful piece and I would want to buy it if there is no legal problem with that!.

Thanks you guys! I do appreciate your insights!

Hey I honestly am not sure if I ever posted in this section of the forums. I live in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut Territory and am willing to take anybody out to the shooting range or outland hunting if I'm going on a trip. Hit me up on a PM and I'm sure we can arrange something. Cheers,

Otokiak(Jason)
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

Hey there. Just looking to hook up with some long range shooters to get some range time and some advice in Whitehorse and area. I just bought a Rem 700 in .308 and it has been a long time since I have been behind the trigger of a bolt action rifle. Just looking to spend some time at the range and blow off steam. Send me a pm, thanks

Last edited:
I am Starting up again. I used to hunt small game back in Nova Scotia and now that I have been in Hay River for 3 years I want to Hunt for big game.
I am in the process of applying for my PAL and have had my Hunting Safety back in NS years ago although I have misplaced my card.
Is their anywhere in Hay River to take the test over again or someone to contact for some shooting practice.

I am in the process of getting my PAL - passed the exam two weeks ago - and am looking around at gun dealers websites, I have come across this.

Never noticed this thread. Hi, From Whitehorse. New to the sport and just got a Parker Hale .375 H&H looking forward on taking it for a test drive.

Hey people! I come to Yellowknife for holidays, just got my PAL but have been shooting for a while with others. Never been hunting so was wondering if during the summer anyone is planing on some hunting they would take me with to? I would of course have my own equipment and weapons etc.

Back
Top Bottom