Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinses Ammo Surplus Corrosive or Non Corrosive 7.62x39 9mm

Have you bought it and found it to be corrosive?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    yes I have. things military in Calgary also sells it as non corrosive, he knows its not
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

all chinese surplus i fired i just go check ground next day out our range yeap rusted with the morning mist
    Back to the Grind

I have old Chinese silver box from the 1990s. It is labeled as non-corrosive. I have NEVER had any problems with my ammo that I collected in the 1990s Silver and yellow BOX. I very cleaned my AK (when I could shoot it) back in the day. I would clean it once every few range trips and I never had any corrosion problems. Maybe I was just lucky. But the 1990's silver Box and Yellow box norinco ammo was fine by me.

If its in a box (20 rounds) packaged in a crate, and it says norinco on each 20 round box, it NON corrosive. anything else thats surplus in crates is corrosive. period.
    When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    Canadaammo said in one if their threads that the shipper Cosco will not ship anymore ammo from the land of china.
    Every time I show up to the party it's just about to end...
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Beater View Post
    yes I have. things military in Calgary also sells it as non corrosive, he knows its not
    Ill second the above..I brought a can from 'things military' and was careful to buy it from the pile marked NOT CORROSIVE and guess what, it was corrosive. I would like to say that it was an honest mistake but seeing as he had two different stacks of ammo on sale, one marked as corrosive and the other not AND an obvious price difference between the two I would have to say that he is taking the piss.......

BANNED
    Even if lever arms is selling corrosive ammo, just clean up and it's fine. Lever arms still has the best deals on sks rifles.

There are numerous people on here who have believed their stories of Green Crate Chinese Non Corrosive told by lever every month, and they all have rusty SKS's to show for it!!! Good luck, best to assume they are full of SH!T and clear your guns right after shooting

Corrosive? No big deal as im going to clean the rifle well either way.

I prefer the quick and easy corrosive test as mentioned earlier...just check out your fired shells the next day. Corrosive ones will show rust on the inside of the steel cases.
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.