Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 526264656667686970717273747576777879808292 ... LastLast

Thread: My newest purchase from IRG Lets SEE PICS OF YOURS:) !!!

CGN Regular
    Interesting. What is the benefit or a red laser vs green? Or is it simply a preference thing?

Very sexy looking rifle btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Yail Bloor View Post
    Interesting. What is the benefit or a red laser vs green? Or is it simply a preference thing?

the human eye picks up more shades of green than any other color if i remember correctly. or at least more than red, so its easier to see. i think most guys though prefer the look of a viable green laser because the color green is associated with night vision and if you dont have NV than a green visible laser is the next coolest thing, at least to me.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

by all accounts the DBAL is the better laser unit, it has a green laser which is much easier to see in daylight and seems to have a farther throw. it also has a focus able IR illuminator. both are the same price. i went with the ATPIAL because it is the correct unit for a CQBR Block 2 build. so it was mainly about completing the look opposed to any real technical advantage. from what i read however is that the ATPIAL's laser has a farther range in NV. but ill need NVGs to confirm that for myself

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    the human eye picks up more shades of green than any other color if i remember correctly. or at least more than red, so its easier to see. i think most guys though prefer the look of a viable green laser because the color green is associated with night vision and if you dont have NV than a green visible laser is the next coolest thing, at least to me.
    its more of a practical thing than a colour association thing. you are right however green is much much easier to see in daytime conditions. it is also just a more powerful type of laser than red, so it also has a farther throw

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    If your color blind like me then the color makes a huge difference
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

Quote Originally Posted by skoal View Post
    If your color blind like me then the color makes a huge difference
    you could always try the predator style of aiming...

CGN Regular
    Huh, I would have thought red lasers would be more visible in daylight. Makes me curious to play around with a green laser. Thanks for the info!

Some glamour shots of that Valmet I picked up off you guys. I'm pretty stoked on it!

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverNutz View Post
    Some glamour shots of that Valmet I picked up off you guys. I'm pretty stoked on it!
    Are you planning on making some furniture closer to the style of a traditional AK? I know that would be one of my first priorities if I were to be lucky enough to get my hands on a valmet hunter (assuming I wouldn't instead get the valmet M78)
    I will be gone with no reception or internet from this Friday (Aug 30) until Monday (Sept 2), If you message me on Friday or during the weekend, I will only be able to get back to you on late Monday or Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by strategicwin View Post
    Are you planning on making some furniture closer to the style of a traditional AK? I know that would be one of my first priorities if I were to be lucky enough to get my hands on a valmet hunter (assuming I wouldn't instead get the valmet M78)

first thing id do too

I thought about it. But it's pretty manageable as is. I'm not sure I have the heart to bubba it. Might just keep my eyes open for an M78 to keep it company.