Thread: VZ58 10 round pistol mag in a CZ858?

VZ58 10 round pistol mag in a CZ858?

Hi I'm wondering if the 10 round vz58 pistol magazines will work in a cz858? If not then does the vz58 5/5 work with the CZ858 or do I need to get CZ specific mags?
    Thanks in advance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    They will work. But they currently are not legal for sale in canada as the vz58 pistol is not approved for sale in canada currently.

The vz and cz mags are the same.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...
    The VZ58 mags will fit the CZ858 as it's basically the same rifle. The only problem is there aren't any VZ58 pistols in Canada so the 10 rounds mags will to be pinned to 5. I have a 5/5 round mag in my CZ858 and it works great.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Cteve View Post
    Hi I'm wondering if the 10 round vz58 pistol magazines will work in a cz858? If not then does the vz58 5/5 work with the CZ858 or do I need to get CZ specific mags?
    Thanks in advance.
    10rd pistol mag will work flawlessly as long you have the magwell adapter machined on your cz858. wolverine supplies carries the 10rd pistol mag manufactured by Robinson arm. Also both CZ858 & VZ58 5/30 factory mags are interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by paintgunner View Post
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong...
    The VZ58 mags will fit the CZ858 as it's basically the same rifle. The only problem is there aren't any VZ58 pistols in Canada so the 10 rounds mags will to be pinned to 5. I have a 5/5 round mag in my CZ858 and it works great.
    I purchased my VZ58 Sporter non-restricted rifle about a month ago with 10rd pistol mag which is legal to use & non such law against it to pin it down to 5rd. The importation of CZ858 has been stopped not the VZ58.

Quote Originally Posted by Obokash View Post
    10rd pistol mag will work flawlessly as long you have the magwell adapter machined on your cz858. wolverine supplies carries the 10rd pistol mag manufactured by Robinson arm. Also both CZ858 & VZ58 5/30 factory mags are interchangeable.

With the magwell adapter you are now using a LAR pistol mag, not the original CZ/VZ magazine so 10 rounds is perfectly legal.

I purchased my VZ58 Sporter non-restricted rifle about a month ago with 10rd pistol mag which is legal to use & non such law against it to pin it down to 5rd. The importation of CZ858 has been stopped not the VZ58.
    I think the OP is referring to the VZ58 pistol that is not available in Canada. The CZ858 importation is another story (and numerous threads already exist).

In my opinion, the 7.62x39 LAR mags are the way to go on the CZ/VZ!
    Last edited by paintgunner; 11-25-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added more

Quote Originally Posted by paintgunner View Post
    I think the OP is referring to the VZ58 pistol that is not available in Canada. The CZ858 importation is another story (and numerous threads already exist).

In my opinion, the 7.62x39 LAR mags are the way to go on the CZ/VZ!
    Yes that's what I'm talking about Zahal.org sells the mags. pistol mag 10/10, just wondering if it would be legal to use in a Cz 858 because the vz58 pistol is not available in Canada......that is if they would ship it to me.

The zahal pistol mag is not currently legal as the pistol version is not readily available in canada currently.

In short. No.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The zahal pistol mag is not currently legal as the pistol version is not readily available in canada currently.

In short. No.
    Yea, that's all I wanted to know.....to bad. Thanks for the answer.

They would be much better than the stanag kit for the x39 guns.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Sorry for the late arrival on this guys.

Correct. We currently ship pistol mags into the US and into Cz, but until there's a Vz58 pistol FRT in Canada we cannot ship them there.

Cheers! Zahal