Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Motiuk Prototype #1: Under Barrel Shotgun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer the_klenzer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Is the shotgun capable of discharging a round while dismounted? If yes then given its overall length while dismounted would make it restricted. Yes the overall length while mounted with the second gun might count as the stock, but could be one hell of a fight in court.

Folding stocks need to be permanently pinned if when folded would cause a classification change. This shotgun setup may be viewed the same way. If the shotgun is detachable, and not "pinned" or affixed in such a way to be considered permanent, you may have an issue.
    This is exactly where my mind went. The second you take that thing off your AR, you're unlegal. Regardless of whether it has a pistol grip or not, if the bang switch makes it go pop, no judge will ever take your side in court. There's a difference between exploiting a loophole like we do with LAR and Beo mags, but IMHO this is a step past that line UNLESS it is permanently fixed to the rifle. Which is isn't.

Overall, I love it though. I already sucked up for the Spikes launcher because...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Motiuk Mfg. View Post
    Magazine capacity is 2+1. And unfortunately no, due to the current interference of the pump handle. This may change.

To clarify, think of it like an M203, which can technically fire without being attached to the M16 FOW, but is still considered non-restricted.
    Is that not classified as a flare gun?
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN frequent flyer
    You need a shorter forend on that 870, like the 870MCS :

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    To add to the flare gun / m203 thought, I am thinking in reference to that.

The m203 is classified as "non restricted" on its own, and does not need to be attached to another firearm in order to attain that status.

The 870 is also classified on its own, as either restricted or non restricted given overall length.

The legal question is, given it can still shoot on its own while not attached to the ar15, is it NR or R?

I believe one would have a hard time saying in court that this is not two resticted guns mated together.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    I love the idea, and have been throwing around a few similar ideas myself, but don't bother with the ar-15 family. Being restricted class, there will be nowhere to play with this thing without conflict. Most ranges only allow single projectiles with shotties, to avoid shredding target stands, and I can't see you getting much interest from the trap and skeet crowd. Put it on a Cz/Vz, ACR, XCR, etc., and you have a fun bush toy.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

This is a hell of a fun idea. I would want all black if that was possible.

How about a side opening over under? Like a side by side flipped on it's side with the trigger underneath. Would be simple. Light and unique

Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    I love the idea, and have been throwing around a few similar ideas myself, but don't bother with the ar-15 family. Being restricted class, there will be nowhere to play with this thing without conflict. Most ranges only allow single projectiles with shotties, to avoid shredding target stands, and I can't see you getting much interest from the trap and skeet crowd. Put it on a Cz/Vz, ACR, XCR, etc., and you have a fun bush toy.
    See above...
    0 interest in an AR variant, mega traction for VZ/XCR/Tavor...
    Not interested in the 'trap n' skeet' crowd, but bang on, for an NR platform app.
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc911 View Post
    See above...
    0 interest in an AR variant, mega traction for VZ/XCR/Tavor...
    Not interested in the 'trap n' skeet' crowd, but bang on, for an NR platform app.
    Yep. Mmmm... bear banger Rambo Youtube video.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Cannon View Post
    Haha I was just about to post this! Sonny's was a Mossberg but damn, close enough.
    Never get out of the boat...unless you're goin' all the way.