Mass Driver from Strike Industries

Gravel Agency

Expired Industry Member
The Strike Industries Mass Driver compensator represents a quantum leap in compensator design.

Current designs have largely been unchanged since the 1930s. It’s about time for something revolutionary. The Mass Driver name is inspired by the idea of theoretical mass driver engines in space travel.

By ejecting mass, an equal and opposite reaction is generated propelling the space vehicle forward. The Mass Driver Compensator is driven by the hot gasses expelled through the barrel after the round is discharged, and acts as a counter balance system to attenuate mechanical recoil. Barrel mounted compensators add reciprocating mass and increase the moment of inertia to the operating system, which can have a negative effect on reliable cycling of recoil operated handguns. By separating the compensator from the operating components after ignition, the MD comp allows for close to stock cyclic speeds, and reduces reciprocating mass.

Last edited:
So you guys are bringing these in? I just saw them on youtube yesterday. Seems neat. MSRP? I see they're $89usd stateside?

"Barrel mounted compensators add reciprocating mass and increase the moment of inertia to the operating system"
That doesn't sound right. I believe they mean 'slide' mounted.
Or is my man cold still affecting my cognitive abilities?

While the reviewer said that it did minimize muzzle rise, he didn't like it because it felt 'weird'.
But does it do the job?

"Barrel mounted compensators add reciprocating mass and increase the moment of inertia to the operating system"

Well, do comps mount to the slide or the barrel? Im not well versed in these, but doing a quick google for glock compensators shows me a bunch that thread to the barrel - which makes sense, how would they attach to the slide?

Some comps are probably slide mounted (ones on Race guns maybe?) but it looks like glock comps are generally threaded onto the end of the barrel.

lots of comps use the threaded barrels to thread the comp on
the mass driver is not attached to barrel

Well, do comps mount to the slide or the barrel? Im not well versed in these, but doing a quick google for glock compensators shows me a bunch that thread to the barrel - which makes sense, how would they attach to the slide?

Some comps are probably slide mounted (ones on Race guns maybe?) but it looks like glock comps are generally threaded onto the end of the barrel.

From my what understanding is, Comps add an additional weight to either the slide or barrel based on where its respectively mounted , sometimes throwing off the balance of the action. Since the barrel needs to tilt rearward to an extent or the slide needs to reciprocate fast and far enough inorder to properly and reliably cycle. Barrel/slide mounted would possibly required additional tuning in-order to alleviate that theoretical issue, hence why Strike designed the mass comp system bypassing it entirely.

From my what understanding is, Comps add an additional weight to either the slide or barrel based on where its respectively mounted , sometimes throwing off the balance of the action. Since the barrel needs to tilt rearward to an extent or the slide needs to reciprocate fast and far enough inorder to properly and reliably cycle. Barrel/slide mounted would possibly required additional tuning in-order to alleviate that theoretical issue, hence why Strike designed the mass comp system bypassing it entirely.

I think you're over thinking it. If I'm not mistaken, the product in question works on glocks without a threaded barrel, therefore anyone with a Glock that doesn't have a threaded barrel now has an option for a comp where they previously would have required a new barrel to install one.

No problem at all, just let your local or favourite dealer know the product# you want and we can get them a quote for you.

This comp include a special threaded guide rod and spring. You install the guide rod & spring into the barrel & slide, then the comp is secured onto the guide rod through a nut. That's why it can be used with both threaded and non-threaded barrels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom