Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Official note from rcmp

Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    So if you had it completely stripped apart for detail cleaning during the COVID bored-at-home can't-visit-the-range time in April, and now there's no reason to put it back together, you have until late May to correct your registration to stripped-lower?
    Good question, but since uppers are now prohibited devices it's a moot point and arguing it when reporting to the Peoples' Glorious Confiscation Zone isn't a hill I would want to die on.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by TFunfer View Post
    Not the only two. The AR15 mags also fit the Remington 7615P, Mossberg MVP, Ruger Ranch (AR Mag version) and the Ruger Precision Rifle can use the AR10 mags.
    So they have to options: Option One is to accommodate the owners of those rifles in a reasonable and fair way, and Option Two is to tell those owners to pound sand.

Anyone want to bet me on which one they'll choose?

I'm amazed some people still don't see this plan is eventually taking everything away.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack_Kerouac View Post
    I hope we have some allies within the Horse Gestapo who will throw a wrench in the gears wherever they can.
    Hahaha. Naive.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    So since there are no semi auto AR anymore, does that mean all AR mags only fit manual action ARs. Try Par and Sar. And since it is only for those 2 guns.......i hope you see where i am going with this.
    Tavor, among other semi autos, are still NR. And even if there were zero semi auto STANAG-compatible rifles the horse cops would still call it a semi-auto rifle magazine. Because they're petty and vindictive and don't like us having any guns.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

Quote Originally Posted by fraserdw View Post
    Hahaha. Naive.
    I have a bunch of Mountie friends. Three of them have said, basically, that they will deprioritize door-knocking about this, if for no reason that confiscating firearms is a massive paperwork PITA.

Bear in mind quite a few of them own now-prohibs, too, and most don't take the current Prime Mumbler too seriously. As with any usual interaction with police, your outcome is inversely proportional to how much of a dick you are.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleman762 View Post
    Tavor, among other semi autos, are still NR. And even if there were zero semi auto STANAG-compatible rifles the horse cops would still call it a semi-auto rifle magazine. Because they're petty and vindictive and don't like us having any guns.
    Somehow I doubt they can get away with banning piano wire and 3D printers.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    I'm confused here. They state VZ-58, not CZ858. Do they actually know what they're talking about ?
    Napoleon is supposed to have said, Never correct your opponent when he is making a mistake.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

I’ve just read all 11 pages. It baffles me that gun owners that can login and navigate this site are either too lazy or too unintelligent to go read the gazette listing and comprehend if a gun is on it or not then ask questions here like lost children. “Is this banned? Is that banned? Duh what’s a variant?” Get it together and quit making shooters look like we can’t understand any laws. And if a thread is a long one you can assume the question that popped into your head has already been asked and answered. Try reading.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    I have a bunch of Mountie friends. Three of them have said, basically, that they will deprioritize door-knocking about this, if for no reason that confiscating firearms is a massive paperwork PITA.

Bear in mind quite a few of them own now-prohibs, too, and most don't take the current Prime Mumbler too seriously. As with any usual interaction with police, your outcome is inversely proportional to how much of a dick you are.
    Lol. They will ‘deprioritize’. No they won’t. They will follow marching orders like the rest of them. People that will confiscate your property aren’t worthy of friendship.

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack_Kerouac View Post
    I hope we have some allies within the Horse Gestapo who will throw a wrench in the gears wherever they can.
    It seems they are against a handgun ban for the most part, as well as pretty much every police chief organization and police union ... That's not stopping the Liberals though.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’