Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dealers Restricting powder and primmer sales?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    They are also trying to curtail US dealers/brokers buying up all the Canadian primers and shipping them south. Something like half a million primers have been bought in Canada to sell to the US market.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Sad , sad times fella's

What’s the so called markup? If you are that hard up for lot consistenty then suck it up and sped the money on the premium. If not then go elsewhere. Or better yet. Go fire you your own reloading business. I wouldn’t be against you selling me the cheapest best deals that Canadian market has to offer.

Take it easy bud, you’re not wrong but the rant is borderline Karen. They don’t want guys to hoard everything and then have nothing left to sell other customers.

Thats not for dealer to play the business police. They exist to buy and sell.
    Dealer acting that way end up in my list of - never buy from them anything - ever.
    We are supposed to be in a free country...free trade. There is enough restrictions on guns - no need for dealer that ask to be supported to shxit on customer that way.

I shoot 15000 rounds a year. If I buy two case of 5000 primers..I am hording ? This is BS.
    What about group purchase ? My friends and I ordered powder were we could find it in quantity to cover our need.

Were will it stop ? Bullets -Ammo - only a box by client ? got two SKS -you can only buy one ? Got only one Ruger 1911 cannot sell it to you - only local guy ?
    When you start playing with customers - you loose them.

Send a clear message - boycott dealer limiting your freedom and purchases.
    Last edited by Janeau; 03-08-2021 at 08:47 AM.

For a lot of people the whole universe is about themselves, look further than 5 inches ahead.
    Don't worry, go plinking, be happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    We are supposed to be in a free country...
    Remember that when it comes to pipelines...and I don’t mean the pipes that Montreal uses to dump sewage into the St. Lawrence.
    Quote Originally Posted by H4831 View Post
    Nothing beats a computer key board for tightening up groups.

Quote Originally Posted by bronco_mudder View Post
    Remember that when it comes to pipelines...and I don’t mean the pipes that Montreal uses to dump sewage into the St. Lawrence.

Manitoba’s towns and villages around the Lake are dumping #### load of everything from pesticide to sewage in the lake.....
    Last edited by Janeau; 03-08-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by franktank View Post
    For a lot of people the whole universe is about themselves, look further than 5 inches ahead.
    We all look for ourselves and our need.
    Make me believe that when there is one item left of the shelves you need, you leave it there for the greater good of others...BS.

You should be more happy..guy like me will not buy from those dealer..you can go Beg your share of the box of primer they will ALLOW you to buy..in the mean time, many like me keep on buying primer and components by the box..not to hoard them..to shoot them.
    Last edited by Janeau; 03-08-2021 at 11:12 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PWear 57's Avatar
    I find the number of personal attacks and name calling of the OP appalling.
    I believe the whole point and context of the message by the OP has been overlooked in favor of personal attack.

As a handloader and target shooter, I totally understand the OP's opinion and statement. For instance, One pound of US869, will net me 58 cartridges for my rifle. Though one or two pounds is sufficient to work up a load, it is hardly more than enough, for more than a day or two of long range shooting at 1000 plus meters.

It is understood, by my interpretation of the OP's post, that he is just stating, that he believes a single lot of eight pounds to be more in line with a reasonable amount and that he will be dealing with like minded businesses. The purpose was to bring attention to the fact, that this business has decided that they will decide how much is too much. Hoarding will always be a problem. It's human nature.

Besides the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) campaign encourages everyone to set up a zombie apocalypse kit consisting of all the supplies you’d need in the event of a global catastrophe, a localized outbreak of brain-eaters or something more pedestrian.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled"
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left"
    CCFR Member

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast