Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 212141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62x39 Service Rifle**~SOLD OUT

Besides parts kit. Any chance you would sell replacement fixed buttstock or a full set?

My top cover wasn't set properly and took a chunk out of the buttstock. Would love the chance to make it look proper again. Lol
    Last edited by sunjeep24; 03-01-2019 at 01:35 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    I’d be all over a parts kit. I feel like these are seriously robust rifles, much like my high millage SKS, but if something breaks I’ll be a with a rifle that can only be repaired by a machinist for pins and such.

I noticed my new folder had a loose mag release pin; it can be pushed out with my finger. If that sucker let’s go in the snow - it’d be crappy indeed. I’ll use some loctite on it now.

Parks kits please!
    Just support it on a steel drift pin puck and center punch the outside edge of both sides of the pin. Welt the steel out slightly and it won't drift out even under hard use comrade.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Yeah. I had read that in one of your earlier posts. Mine look pretty well staked but I put some red loctite on the outside of the nut.

Think that’s good enough?

The magazine release pins I partially drove out, degreased, and then applied red loctite before driving back in.

I’ve got a good punch kit from Weaver and I made a fantastic brass/ aluminum hammer in a SAIT Machine shop class on a lathe. - good tools to have
    Would have loved to use a lathe to make my hammer in my army shop course, but all we got was a drill press, a grinder and hand tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Just support it on a steel drift pin puck and center punch the outside edge of both sides of the pin. Welt the steel out slightly and it won't drift out even under hard use comrade.
    That’s exactly what I ended up doing.

Just ordered, can’t wait !!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbomaro View Post
    Just ordered, can’t wait !!
    It says on the website that new orders will take 1 to 2 weeks to ship.

That’s not the case.

Both mine shipped in three days or less and I had my rifle in my hands the next day. I live close to where they shipped from tho.

They are two of my favorite rifles. Very AK to me.

Did you get a folder or fixed?

My fixed is very nice looking. My folder is more practical, easier to tuck into the sights, and the stock has fanatastic lockup. - I wouldn’t know what one I’d choose if I could only have one.

Check you’re mag release pin.
    Check your sight adjustment nut for proper staking.

Got the fixed, rifle looks great and super fast shipping. Very pleased , now to hit the range this weekend

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Hmmm, maybe Dealer orders going out soon then. Might grab another one when my LGS gets theirs.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    After dithering for ages, I finally ordered one. Seems straight, and has that nice new-communist-gun smell (a mix of coal smoke, cosmoline and despair?). I don't think I'd trade a Vz58 for one, but I think I'll be selling my SKS-D and my SKS mag conversion in the very near future, as I don't think either is ever going to get used again now that I have this. I'm happy. Nice gun.

The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Any word on the parts kits?