Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 42525455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to support Maxime Bernier

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    if the housing bubble pops on turdo's watch he's done. if not we'll be stuck with him for another term
    This or several other things could happen. Terrorist attack, Trump trade war, legalization of marijuana issues, are 3 other things off the top of my head that could cause issues for the liberals... we are in turbulent times and I'm not sure Justin will do as well when tested with a serious issue. A lot can happen in two years in this new fast paced world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    This or several other things could happen. Terrorist attack, Trump trade war, legalization of marijuana issues, are 3 other things off the top of my head that could cause issues for the liberals... we are in turbulent times and I'm not sure Justin will do as well when tested with a serious issue. A lot can happen in two years in this new fast paced world we live in.
    The line has been drawn in the sand with the softwood lumber tariff.
    Expect more on that front involving Canadian beef, pork, whatever exports.

O'Leary was the only cpc candidate with a snowballs chance of beating trudeau.
    He was well known, popular and a financial guru.
    Now he's out of the race and trudeau will be back in 2019.

You wanted bernier as leader and now you got him. Unfortunately not many non gun owners west of quebec agree with you.
    Like the truism says "you have to be careful what you ask for".

Too bad harper went nuts to butts stubborn on pushing the nazi crap (c51 and suchlike) or he'd still be in.
    He was the best pm we've had in a long time.
    The economy was well on the way to recovery.
    Now the national debt is ballooning out of all proportions to reality again.
    The economy took a serious step backwards under trudeau.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    if the housing bubble pops on turdo's watch he's done. if not we'll be stuck with him for another term
    If he fails to legalize marijuana, he's done. If he does it, we might be stuck with him for decades.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Quote Originally Posted by win94luver View Post
    The line has been drawn in the sand with the softwood lumber tariff.
    Expect more on that front involving Canadian beef, pork, whatever exports.

O'Leary was the only cpc candidate with a snowballs chance of beating trudeau.
    He was well known, popular and a financial guru.
    Now he's out of the race and trudeau will be back in 2019.

You wanted bernier as leader and now you got him. Unfortunately not many non gun owners west of quebec agree with you.
    Like the truism says "you have to be careful what you ask for".
    I don't know if Bernier can beat Justin in 2019, but he is Quebecois and that is a clear necessity to becoming the PM. O'Leary clearly had no chance of winning the next election b/c of Quebec. I agree with him on that...

Ugh, I despair about our nation's future with this incompetent twit as our PM + his band of regressive-leftists. Another term with him hiking our debt, hiking our taxes and fees, growing the size of govnt, etc will be truly disastrous. Not to mention the attack on our liberties. My daughter's future is looking more and more "indebted"...

Oh and then there's immigration. Did you hear about the Libs "streamlining" refugee applications? Yep, who needs security vetting for refugees from Pakistan, Syria and Eritrea? Only "racists" I suppose...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    I don't know if Bernier can beat Justin in 2019, but he is Quebecois and that is a clear necessity to becoming the PM.
    A lot of people including me are tired of the quebecois tail wagging the dog and would have expressed that opinion at the polls in 2019.
    O'leary was from montreal but he wasn't a quebecois.

I wish o'leary had stuck to his guns so to speak and stayed in the race.
    10 years under harper (a non quebecois pm) was refreshing.

Being a quebecois as a prerequisite to being pm?
    No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by win94luver View Post
    A lot of people including me are tired of the quebecois tail wagging the dog and would have expressed that opinion at the polls in 2019.
    O'leary was from montreal but he wasn't a quebecois.

I wish o'leary had stuck to his guns so to speak and stayed in the race.
    10 years under harper (a non quebecois pm) was refreshing.

Being a quebecois as a prerequisite to being pm?
    No thanks.
    Reality is reality. O'Leary doesn't speak French. Whether you or I like it or not, it has become quite clear that this is a prerequisite to becoming the PM and getting rid of the Liberals.
    And I will correct myself: I should have said being a fluent French speaker is necessary...perhaps not being Quebecois.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    he is Quebecois and that is a clear necessity to becoming the PM.
    I hope you're kidding. Being Quebecois in 2017 Canada is about like being black in 1960 USA. Second grade citizen with the same rights only on paper. If anything, being quebecois disqualifies Bernier in most elector's mind. Case in point: this thread.

There's gonna be a lot of gun owners voting against bernier because he is quebecois. A lot of people who would otherwise agree with him on policies will vote against him becuase "he's just another frog and we don't want another one". If you believe bernier can "deliver Quebec", you're gonna wake up the day after the elections with a huge headache. My prediction is that he will lose half the Quebec ridings that Harper got in 2015.

And FYI, even if the cons were to take all 40 ridings that are currently liberals, they'd still lose.

Bernier might be your favorite, but he's got a snowball's chance in hell.

BANNED
    From now , Bernier is the only way for the win .

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    I hope you're kidding. Being Quebecois in 2017 Canada is about like being black in 1960 USA. Second grade citizen with the same rights only on paper. If anything, being quebecois disqualifies Bernier in most elector's mind. Case in point: this thread.

There's gonna be a lot of gun owners voting against bernier because he is quebecois. A lot of people who would otherwise agree with him on policies will vote against him becuase "he's just another frog and we don't want another one". If you believe bernier can "deliver Quebec", you're gonna wake up the day after the elections with a huge headache. My prediction is that he will lose half the Quebec ridings that Harper got in 2015.

And FYI, even if the cons were to take all 40 ridings that are currently liberals, they'd still lose.

Bernier might be your favorite, but he's got a snowball's chance in hell.
    See above. It starts with "And I will correct myself..."
    Like being black in the 60's? Thanks for the laugh...