Page 33 of 238 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293031323334353637383940414353 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

BANNED
    Anti rotation tabs require fitting! its a normal part of the build process it ensures proper fit.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Just as a heads up to anyone following the various threads, if you are wanting to get in on the second production run before it's sold out, there are less than 17 spots left in the second run available for purchase as of this post. I don't anticipate these lasting over the coming weekend. A third run of lower receivers will of course be happening, however we will need to replenish our stock on the other products before the third run. Tentatively, and without increasing production rates, we could be looking at late winter 2019, or early months of 2020.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Just as a heads up to anyone following the various threads, if you are wanting to get in on the second production run before it's sold out, there are less than 17 spots left in the second run available for purchase as of this post. I don't anticipate these lasting over the coming weekend. A third run of lower receivers will of course be happening, however we will need to replenish our stock on the other products before the third run. Tentatively, and without increasing production rates, we could be looking at late winter 2019, or early months of 2020.
    So youre saying you might be ramping up production?
    f:P

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    So youre saying you might be ramping up production?
    Well I'm not going to commit to NOT increasing production. We're looking at every avenue available, and if we can make them faster, we definitely will.

CGN Regular
    I think I have seen pictures of the MS with a Geissele MK8 on it, can anyone confirm if that fits with the tabs not requiring adjustment?

Also with the WK180 switching to a 5.56 chamber over .223 wylde because of problems, I am now hesitant to buy these 18.6" canadian made barrels as they are all in .223 wylde. I'm thinking about chopping a 20" down, would probably be lighter than the 18.6s too.

I've been looking at the Faxon gunner in 20" but also have some reservations, I just with it was CHF, .750 gas block and 1/7 not 1/8.

Ideally a Daniel LW barrel in 20" cut to 18.6 would be perfect but they only make those up to 16".....

The Wylde chamber isn't an issue, the problem was them getting the cheapest barrel possible from a no-name manufacturer. Buy a proper barrel from ATRS/IBI/MRA and you won't have a problem.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by edge9382 View Post
    The Wylde chamber isn't an issue, the problem was them getting the cheapest barrel possible from a no-name manufacturer. Buy a proper barrel from ATRS/IBI/MRA and you won't have a problem.
    This is exactly correct. Nothing wrong with .223 wylde

There is nothing wrong with a 5.56 chamber.
    CCFR — CSSA

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keodis View Post
    I think I have seen pictures of the MS with a Geissele MK8 on it, can anyone confirm if that fits with the tabs not requiring adjustment?

Also with the WK180 switching to a 5.56 chamber over .223 wylde because of problems, I am now hesitant to buy these 18.6" canadian made barrels as they are all in .223 wylde. I'm thinking about chopping a 20" down, would probably be lighter than the 18.6s too.

I've been looking at the Faxon gunner in 20" but also have some reservations, I just with it was CHF, .750 gas block and 1/7 not 1/8.

Ideally a Daniel LW barrel in 20" cut to 18.6 would be perfect but they only make those up to 16".....
    The 223 Wylde chambering is a more accurate chamber in our experience and this is backed up by most of the forum writers.
    Cutting down a 20" AR barrel is supposedly illegal despite it not making any sense.
    The 1 in 7 twist rate is used for only a very few bullets that mopst of us do not have regular access to. The 1 in 8 is far more universal in what bullets it will spin correctly.
    IF you have your heart set on a 7 twist barrel we can easily make 1 for you in any contour or length you wish.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a 5.56 chamber.
    True, provided you shoot .556 ammo not 223 Rem out of it. The Wylde chambering allows for safe use of both with increased accuracy when shooting .556.

Wylde's hybrid chamber was designed to exploit the accuracy advantages of the .223 Remington chambering without problems concerning over pressure or compromising the functional reliability of semi-auto firearms like the AR-15 family when using 5.56×45mm NATO military ammunition.Coincidentally, it shoots the relatively long and heavy 80-grain bullets commonly used in the Sport Rifle Competition very well and is one of the preferred chambers for that use. The Wylde chamber is used by rifle manufacturers who sell "National Match" configuration AR-15 rifles, barrels, and upper receivers.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there