Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Year of the magazine, RCMP Info sheet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trav70 View Post
    Makes me wonder if the Liberal government is going to maintain the same position, of totally supporting the opinions of the experts in illegal drug enforcement - the RCMP - when it comes to deciding on making cannabis legal. Would be kind of hypocritical of the Libs to defer to their "expertise" on one subject, but ignore their opinion on another subject, merely because they didn't agree with it? Or am I missing something here?
    The RCMP are all for legalization of weed though. Around these parts, unless you are driving and smoking or selling to others, the RCMP doesn't give a hoot. You can just look at the dozens of illegitimate medicinal dispensaries that sell to anyone who buys a membership as proof - if they cared about weed these places would get shut down, instead the city of Vancouver has introduced regulations pertaining to where they can operate (not within x meters of a school, ect)
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Are there more pot smokers than gun owners ? How are they so successful in getting laws changed and not getting prosecuted when they break the laws in most cases. The amount of people openly smoking pot in downtown Vancouver makes me sick. I thought there were bylaws in Vancouver prohibiting smoking in public. Doesn't pot count as smoking.

My point is why are politicians more afraid of pot smokers than gun owners ?

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    Are there more pot smokers than gun owners ? How are they so successful in getting laws changed and not getting prosecuted when they break the laws in most cases. The amount of people openly smoking pot in downtown Vancouver makes me sick. I thought there were bylaws in Vancouver prohibiting smoking in public. Doesn't pot count as smoking.

It's not that they're afraid of pot smokers it's just when Justin Trudeau wants to smoke a good joint he can do it anywhere he wants now

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post

Fair point. The system appears to not be designed to deal with these differences. Instead, for some reason, the RCMP is focused on the mag issue. I not sure i understand this, more asking the question(?). Someone approved the RCMP posting. The truth is out there.

CGN Regular
    Unless I'm missing something, there has been no order in council changing the wording of the regulations that have been in place for decades, correct?

So this is literally nothing more than the RCMP's limp dick opinion on the matter, an opinion which is contradicted by a plain reading of the words of the regulations, correct? Or has there been an actual change?

BANNED
    RCMP want a new legislation, so.

CGN Regular
    I'm going to flee to the states before Trump builds a wall, we are going to be down to BB guns before long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottst View Post
    I'm going to flee to the states before Trump builds a wall, we are going to be down to BB guns before long.
    I like your thinking. Or the other way around. With all the Americans becoming Canadians, they will miss the 2nd amendment from the US, therefore our political parties (by way of the people) will shift towards politics supporting the 2nd amendment-type laws.

Super GunNutz
    neither the RCMP or the Government will EVER be able to get rid of guns,it's a complete impossiblity,oh,,they can write laws,ban this gun and that gun,try to scare gun owners ,whatever,doesn't change a damn thing,fact is,,all these millions of gun in the country right now,,are here to stay,,the days of the RCMP and government trying to scare guns away from gun owners are long gone,gun owners of today know EXACTLY why these anti-gun nazis want the populatrion unarmed,so their pipe dream of disarming gun owners simply because of laws they write,is just that,,a dream,,one that will NEVER come true,so at the end of the day..all these guns will STAY in private hands,,and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it,and the fact that the registry is gone means they dont have a clue where 95% of these guns are today..all that information became irrelevant the very next day the registry was abolished,and you can bet they hate that,,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    neither the RCMP or the Government will EVER be able to get rid of guns,it's a complete impossiblity,oh,,they can write laws,ban this gun and that gun,try to scare gun owners ,whatever,doesn't change a damn thing,fact is,,all these millions of gun in the country right now,,are here to stay,,the days of the RCMP and government trying to scare guns away from gun owners are long gone,gun owners of today know EXACTLY why these anti-gun nazis want the populatrion unarmed,so their pipe dream of disarming gun owners simply because of laws they write,is just that,,a dream,,one that will NEVER come true,so at the end of the day..all these guns will STAY in private hands,,and there isn't a damn thing they can do about it,and the fact that the registry is gone means they dont have a clue where 95% of these guns are today..all that information became irrelevant the very next day the registry was abolished,and you can bet they hate that,,
    Tell that to the tens of thousands that lost property when the FA Act and classification came into force. Classification, not registration, is the battle we all collectively face.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.