Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gf and I are doing our non restricted course on Monday. Anything we should know?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    I agree that you should get your rpal as well, as long as you listen to the instructor, you should have no problem passing the course. Its very straightforward, and common sense.
    Until the "look into the barrel" part. A lot of people have difficulty with that one... so much that even when people dont actually look in, but mention that they would check the barrel, the instructor won't ding them for not doing it.
    'nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Even that part never bothered me too much, If I cycle the action and see that the chamber is empty, and no magazine, I won't hesitate to look down the barrel, keeping your fingers well away from the trigger.

Even that part never bothered me too much, If I cycle the action and see that the chamber is empty, and no magazine, I won't hesitate to look down the barrel, keeping your fingers well away from the trigger.
    Same here, once you have confirmed that the action and chamber are clear, the barrel is just a piece of steel, akin to an empty pipe. Nothing to be afraid of really.

Super Moderator
    I was an instructor for years. Don't be in a rush with either the written or practical portions. Talk your way through the steps.
    Control muzzle direction, there will be a designated safe direction. Don't point a firearm at the instructor - that's supposed to be automatic failure. Keep your finger off the trigger unless there is a specific reason for touching it.
    Do read the questions carefully. All the answers are in the course and study manual.

BANNED
    Get the PDF file of the safety manual and go over it asking each other questions ahead of time ..it will help a lot

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    Same here, once you have confirmed that the action and chamber are clear, the barrel is just a piece of steel, akin to an empty pipe. Nothing to be afraid of really.
    It does freak some people out though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I remember when I took my exam the instructor had a cookie tin of assorted ammo, and asked me to pick the correct cartridge for the pistol. I couldn't find one, and he said look again. I did, and still didn't see it. He said good, its not in there. Be careful for a trick question.

I remember when I took my exam the instructor had a cookie tin of assorted ammo, and asked me to pick the correct cartridge for the pistol. I couldn't find one, and he said look again. I did, and still didn't see it. He said good, its not in there. Be careful for a trick question.
    Ohh, crafty little bugger that was.. haha.
    'nada

CGN frequent flyer
    Verify cartridge/ caliber before loading into firearm. Read the headstanl. One of the tests in the practical exam.

Trigger finger off the trigger, never point firearm at instructor.

ACTS/PROVE

Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    Verify cartridge/ caliber before loading into firearm. Read the headstanl. One of the tests in the practical exam.

Trigger finger off the trigger, never point firearm at anyone.

ACTS/PROVE
    ftfy
    'nada

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast