Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Got my Star Super B... Pictures up...

Quote Originally Posted by bsrcuda View Post
    Does this use regular 1911 style 9mm magazines?
    Colt or Mec-Gar for example.
    No. It does not. Dedicated mags (very rare) are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    The trigger pull on my Star B Modelo Super is 8-9 lbs. I got mine from Tradex for $299 before taxes. I don't recall that they were selling any Star B Modelo Super with a windage adjustable rear sight.
    However, I've just found that P&S Guns and Militaria in Quebec sell the Star B Modelo Super with a windage adjustable rear sight. At least, that's what a pic on their website shows. However, their price is $349 before taxes.
    Did you buy yours from P&S Guns and Militaria? Is, in your opinion, the windage adjustable rear sight worth the extra $49+tax?
    i got mine from wiemajack
    Think of the little critters of nature
    They don't know that they are ugly,
    That's very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Efall View Post
    i got mine from wiemajack
    The trigger pull on my Star B Modelo Super is 8-9 lbs. I got mine from Tradex for $299 before taxes. I don't recall that they were selling any Star B Modelo Super with a windage adjustable rear sight.
    However, I've just found that P&S Guns and Militaria in Quebec sell the Star B Modelo Super with a windage adjustable rear sight. At least, that's what a pic on their website shows. However, their price is $349 before taxes.
    Did you buy yours from P&S Guns and Militaria? Is, in your opinion, the windage adjustable rear sight worth the extra $49+tax?

Thanks. Now I have clarity who distributed those with the windage adjustable rear sights.

Today, for the first time I decided to clean the magazines for my Star B Modelo Super. A lot of crap inside, particularly, on the mag spring. Some old cosmoline partly hardened. Cleaned everything with Ballistol and then lightly soaked with Ballistol. Now they work impeccably. Disassembly procedure of the mags is very simple. Just push the button going through the mag cover and slide the cover off slowly but be careful and hold the small piece of steel on the spring (under the cover) to fly away together with the spring.
    The more I use my Star B Super the more I'm impressed with the thoughtfulness of its design. Very good engineering team who designed it. Field striping procedure for cleaning (including mags) is so easy.
    I advise whoever owns the Star B Super to clean the mags. You'll see a great difference.

Although the pic on P&S website looks like it has windage adjustable sights, I sent them an email to clarify this and they replied that the rear sights are fixed. He sent me a pic of one that he would sell and it shows fixed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    Although the pic on P&S website looks like it has windage adjustable sights, I sent them an email to clarify this and they replied that the rear sights are fixed. He sent me a pic of one that he would sell and it shows fixed as well.
    Thanks for clarifying the issue! Now, it looks that only Tradeex and Weimajack had a few Stars B Super with the adjustable sights. Strangely enough if most of them have fixed rear sights where did those with the adjustable ones come from? They don't seem to be typical military issue pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Mine been flawless since day one... JP.
    On mine the magazine jump out afther each 3-4 rounds shooted. I do not know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelunc View Post
    On mine the magazine jump out afther each 3-4 rounds shooted. I do not know what to do.
    One of my mags does this too. The other works fine
    I'm wondering if there is a fix besides a different mag
    Think of the little critters of nature
    They don't know that they are ugly,
    That's very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by cornelunc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Efall View Post
    One of my mags does this too. The other works fine
    I'm wondering if there is a fix besides a different mag
    Try to clean up your mags, like I mentioned in my post above #163. I cleaned the mags around 6 months after purchasing my Star and they were pretty dirty inside. Quite a bit of old cosmoline embedded on the spring and other places.

Parts-Unknown (yes same town where all the wrestlers come from)
    Interesting a nivkel Super B was used in Pulp Fiction by Travolta, not a chrome 1911 like everyone thinks.
    http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Pulp_Fiction
    You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the Fxck on! Tupac Shakur

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigrn View Post
    Interesting a nivkel Super B was used in Pulp Fiction by Travolta, not a chrome 1911 like everyone thinks.
    http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Pulp_Fiction
    To what are you referring as "Super B"? Apparently, the one used by Travolta was Star B not "Super B". The Star B and Star B Modelo Super are quite different pistols. The Super B is on my avatar.