Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Provincial Legislature Passed Motion to Support Firearms Ownership

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I am just curious but could the Alberta Government order local Police forces to not follow Trudeau's gun grab?
    How many years before weed became legal were police not enforcing personal use amounts of weed even tho the federal law said jail time ? There is discretion in how the police enforce the laws but as long as the RCMP is following orders from Ottawa there is nothing to be done. If the provincial police force is taking orders from the provincial government who are elected officials who can be voted out if they go against the wishes of the majority then you have the ability to have provincial discretion on how the local police enforce the laws especially ones that goes against the wishes of the citizens of Alberta

CGN Ultra frequent flyer johnny rotten's Avatar
    The whole Alberta Police Force, if it ever materializes, need to all call in sick at the same time if Ottawa orders gun confiscation
    Every other cop who isn't provincial including the yellowlegs need to do the same thing
    Yeah, some cops might get fined, or reprimanded, I can't see them getting fired or jailed for not participating in this crap
    If you wear a badge and the order to confiscate guns is given, grow some balls and refuse to enforce it
    Only crooked politicians fear armed citizens

CGN Regular
    But the Questions can we use our firearms, take them to the range etc?

CGN Regular
    How will that work? are they still be stored? or Ok to go to ranges - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zahmed70 View Post
    How will that work? are they still be stored? or Ok to go to ranges - thanks
    They have to stay in the safe, can not be take out, even to look at them you need ATL as they are prohibited.

Sanctuary province? The question is when will we be allowed to use , buy and sell AR-15s again? Actions speak louder than words and unfortunately we live in a country full of cucks. This sounds good but at the end of the day we are moving closer and closer to agenda 21/30
    “Everyone has a plan till they get pounched in the face” - Mike Tyson

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    That’s how I feel as well. I truly appreciate the gesture and them making their position on the issue known. But besides platitudes what does this give us?
    Yes, I was shown the grim reality when each AG of each province (including "firearm friendly" Provinces Saskatchewan and Alberta) declined to get involved in our case....

Quote Originally Posted by 358 BLR View Post
    There is always the "Not Withstanding Clause" that allows a province to opt out of any unpalatable federal legislation.
    Yes, and I have often wondered if they can even use that for OIC's? or just regular laws, tabled through the legislative branch.

CGN Regular
    Trudeau government would allow municipalities to ban handguns under new bill ...

https://www.660citynews.com/2021/02/...nder-new-bill/

I hope Alberta Stays Strong however I dont Trust Nenshi the Fat A Hole of Calgary

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scott_N's Avatar
    Here's an issue where Kenney could actually be useful, unfortunately he's turned out to be a spinless blowhard.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_N View Post
    Here's an issue where Kenney could actually be useful, unfortunately he's turned out to be a spinless blowhard.
    It has nothing to do with Kenney, its the Municipalities (Mayor) Although he can force it province wide ....