Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Under Quoted Shipping"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMtl View Post
    Not really, until he had the nerve to insinuate that Wolverine is treating any of their customers unfairly.

Ya'll better show respect to Wolverine. If there is a problem contact them directly.
    I think the OP was pretty respectful in his posting. Even Wolverine responded that the post was appropriate and correct. By the responses here, no one is bashing Wolverine and, in fact, they are coming out smelling like a rose based on their quick and courteous response. We all agree that Wolverine is one of the good guys here and the OP just reinforced that opinion.
    Thanks BF and enjoy your purchase!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Regular
    Copy pasting a private email communication to a public forum is not acceptable. There is no valid reason to post this, regardless of any excuse anyone can come up with.

Wolverine should probably add a disclaimer to their email footers as most companies do.

As a side note to the conversation, what I want to know Mr. Wolverine is how you ever came by the nickname "Grumpy"? All of your responses that I've ever seen in these type of situations have consistently been classy and emotionally intelligent. Maybe the key is to compose your replies while still on the front leg of Knob Creek and not waiting until you get too far downstream (intel gathered from your Thanksgiving posts).

I think Wolverine acted fairly but in this age of online reviews you are often better off taking a loss rather than risking the bad publicity imho. One bad review can cost allot of lost business. I'm not taking a side, that's just the reality of the Internet.
    Last edited by blueskies; 10-14-2015 at 03:13 AM.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaBoom View Post
    As a side note to the conversation, what I want to know Mr. Wolverine is how you ever came by the nickname "Grumpy"? All of your responses that I've ever seen in these type of situations have consistently been classy and emotionally intelligent. Maybe the key is to compose your replies while still on the front leg of Knob Creek and not waiting until you get too far downstream (intel gathered from your Thanksgiving posts).
    Mr. Wolverine is not me....we are too different folks. I have the privilege of working for Mr. Wolverine. I was given the name Grumpy honestly. I don't suffer fools and idiots well and don't hide the fact, on here however, one must temper their responses......I would say though that in regards to the Knob Creek, I am what you might call a "reverse drunk"...I tend to get much more mellow and tolerate once I've had a few drinks LOL
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    Now that we know there is the possibility of a tariff on Ammo sales, I would recommend the tariff possible range be posted on the website, preferably within the checkout process, or within the item description, so we can all learn from this and not have it bite anyone in future.

Quote Originally Posted by tjsudbury View Post
    When did they start adding this tariff to ammo shipments?
    this will kill internet ammo sales, for $40 I can see everyone only buying local. what justifies this tax?

Quote Originally Posted by Victory 1945 View Post
    Or: "We realize that to ask for an additional fee of $40.00, is absolutely unacceptable, so to make up for this error we are willing to honor our original shipping quote but please be advised the price for identical future shipment would be $84.50" I am sure the client would also post that here and there is an excellent piece of advertising costing them only $40.00
    X2

If they are willing to split it in the first place, a little more thought would suggest that for another $20 they should have offered to cover the entire amount this one time as insurance that they would have a happy customer and get good publicity. When y company made a mistake, big or small, we sucked it up and moved on. Sometimes it hurt more than others, but when people see that you stick to your promises you gain from it in the long run.

It's not so much the mistakes you make, it's how you solve them that counts.

CGN Regular
    Personally, having a company not just outright cancelling my order or bumping up the shipping and contacting me with what I believe is a fair solution would make my day. Just my 2 cents, good on you wolverine.

OP posted for some reason and merchant answered in post # 16. This should have been a discussion between them and never posted.
    I don't argue with stupid people, they draw me down to their level and beat me with experience.
    "Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid" John Wayne.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast