Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: "Person shaped" Silhouette targets - Illegal?

"Person shaped" Silhouette targets - Illegal?

I got into a debate with a couple friends of mine regarding the use of "human shaped" silhouette targets.

My friends claimed that it was illegal to use "human shaped" silhouette targets. Although I can understand an actual image of a person (even those age old "hostage" pop up targets) would be illegal or heavily frowned upon, I do not see how the Silhouette target would be illegal.

NOTE: all 3 of us are PAL licensed (restricted and non restricted)

My argument is that I was recently at a range and was able to purchase a few "human shaped" silhouette targets without issue and proceeded to practice my shots as I am training for the LEO career I wish to pursue.

The reason this debate came up is I have an opportunity to purchase bulk paper targets that will offer me generous savings opposed to the $3.00 a target at the range. I dont want to buy in on this if it can become a legal issue.

Any insight and actual legal sources welcomed as I want to get to the bottom of this. I have searched on google and only found "clubs" and certain ranges frowned on them as they resembled people too much and the general public thinks that those who use silhouettes are terrorists in training.

Not allowed at my range - period

No, they are not illegal. Some clubs do not allow them. I know of one local club that will make you fold the head down even if it isn't really a clear human but more if a human like blob.

Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    Not allowed at my range - period
    Is there any reasons given?? Has this rule been questioned or does everyone just toe the line??
    Welcome to the new normal

Was told during orientation that they are not allowed - people polictical leaders ex gf ex bf - zombie posters okay

Ok so it is not illegal, just "publicly frowned upon"

Quote Originally Posted by KeltecFan View Post
    No, they are not illegal. Some clubs do not allow them. I know of one local club that will make you fold the head down even if it isn't really a clear human but more if a human like blob.
    Which club is this so that I can avoid it like the plague

I remember, years ago, when living in Canada, the center fire target was changed from a "Shirt front shape" to a round 25m target? Too much like a human shape?

As this was not as easy to score well on. The scores plummetted! How do you spell Political Correctness!

My IDPA targets have a 6" square heads? There is a match today, which I am not going too. Going to rain. Listen to how soft I have gotten! This Old Guy who used to shoot in snow storms!

Not illegal but the loony left has decided that it as almost as bad as shooting a real person.

Political signs are also a soft spot, even though the are perfect for holding targets because of their rigidity.

BANNED
    Black sillohuette targets are considered racist in the States, blue sillohettes are PC.

Page 1 of 15 12345678911 ... LastLast