Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch MR308A3 G28 16.5" & 20" .308Win in RAL8000

CGN Regular
    Those prices are insane for a firearm. especially if you can only shoot paper with it and ammo cost is also crazy. buy a 308 semi auto Browning BAR just as much fun and you can take it hunting and shoot it outdoors.

Lots of firearms cost far more. Double, triple these prices and much more. There are scopes that cost more than this rifle. Some rifles are restricted, some aren't. Every high-end precision rifle in Canada and the United States shoots paper almost exclusively (and some steel or other targets). It's all individual. If you can't afford it... move along.

WOW!! a $5,000 firearm... what a shocking turn of events. How completely unheard of.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiletec View Post
    Those prices are insane for a firearm. especially if you can only shoot paper with it and ammo cost is also crazy. buy a 308 semi auto Browning BAR just as much fun and you can take it hunting and shoot it outdoors.
    Arguable. I feel there's something satisfying about shooting a somewhat expensive stick.

CGN Regular
    LOL bud i can afford 5 of those units. My point is that people will pay crazy money for limited use of a firearm so they can look sexy at the range. i got a buddy that Moose hunts with a rifle probably older than mosses but can take down a bull at 400 yards with one round. High End precision rifles? Whats the farthest you can shoot at a range? only as good as the user.

CGN Regular
    LOL bud i can afford 5 of those units. My point is that people will pay crazy money for limited use of a firearm so they can look sexy at the range. i got a buddy that Moose hunts with a rifle probably older than mosses but can take down a bull at 400 yards with one round. High End precision rifles? Whats the farthest you can shoot at a range? only as good as the user.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostie View Post
    Lots of firearms cost far more. Double, triple these prices and much more. There are scopes that cost more than this rifle. Some rifles are restricted, some aren't. Every high-end precision rifle in Canada and the United States shoots paper almost exclusively (and some steel or other targets). It's all individual. If you can't afford it... move along.

WOW!! a $5,000 firearm... what a shocking turn of events. How completely unheard of.

CGN Regular
    sorry for the double post.

If you want the best of the best, and can afford it, power too you. Owning this firearm for punching paper, is no different than the guy who owns $5000 golf clubs and golfs 3 times a year... Whether they want the looks of envy from passerby's, of it just makes them feel good to use the best of the best when they practice a particular hobby, it's their choice.

I always laugh at the guys who say "you should" or "why dont you just"... Come on man. Just because you can afford 5x more or even 50x more than this HK, it doesn't give you the right to criticise what I or anyone else does with our money. If I choose something and it makes me happy, just let it be.

Ive got $200 guns and $2-3k+ guns in my safe. I've even had guns that cost more than this hk, and in the end, if I didn't like them out they went. How much of my cash that goes into my toys is up to me... If you think it's dumb, keep it to yourself.

And I garantee that a $5000.00 precision AR is a hell of a lot more fun to play with than an old deer rifle any day.

If you want the best of the best, and can afford it, power too you. Owning this firearm for punching paper, is no different than the guy who owns $5000 golf clubs and golfs 3 times a year... Whether they want the looks of envy from passerby's, of it just makes them feel good to use the best of the best when they practice a particular hobby, it's their choice.

I always laugh at the guys who say "you should" or "why dont you just"... Come on man. Just because you can afford 5x more or even 50x more than this HK, it doesn't give you the right to criticise what I or anyone else does with our money. If I choose something and it makes me happy, just let it be.

Ive got $200 guns and $2-3k+ guns in my safe. I've even had guns that cost more than this hk, and in the end, if I didn't like them out they went. How much of my cash that goes into my toys is up to me... If you think it's dumb, keep it to yourself.

And I garantee that a $5000.00 precision AR is a hell of a lot more fun to play with than an old deer rifle any day.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gcarms View Post

Who mentioned anything like "you should" or "why dont you just" funny i dont see that in my post. Oh and i hate golf. LOL

High End precision rifles? Whats the farthest you can shoot at a range? only as good as the user.
    I don't know where you live, but here in BC we have several shooting ranges in the 800-1000m territory. And yah, some of them are even "outside".

So you can buy 5 of them, but you complain about "insane" price ($5,000?) and the "crazy" price of ammo (.308WIN?). I think you might be trying to play in the wrong league here. Better stick with what you know, and can afford.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast