Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch MR308A3 G28 16.5" & 20" .308Win in RAL8000

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostie View Post
    Beautiful collection... I wish I have that problem of "which 308 should I take to the range."

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    AR variant makes it restricted.
    Thanks. Didn't realize it was a variant. It's sometimes hard to keep track of falls into that category.

Lots of firearms cost far more. Double, triple these prices and much more. There are scopes that cost more than this rifle. Some rifles are restricted, some aren't. Every high-end precision rifle in Canada and the United States shoots paper almost exclusively (and some steel or other targets). It's all individual. If you can't afford it... move along.

WOW!! a $5,000 firearm... what a shocking turn of events. How completely unheard of.
    In clay target shooting $5,000 gets you into upper mid-level guns and they are typically used only at the range. To get into the upper levels usually costs $10,000 or more.

There are always people of limited outlook who are dismayed by the cost of fine firearms. For the people who understand why they cost what they do no explanation is necessary. For the people who don't no explanation will ever be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    There are always people of limited outlook who are dismayed by the cost of fine firearms. For the people who understand why they cost what they do no explanation is necessary. For the people who don't no explanation will ever be sufficient.
    I wonder if he goes up to Ferrari owners and tell them how much they got ripped off, a waste of money, how he can afford to buy one, etc but his Honda does the same thing which is taking him from Boint A to Point B.

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I wonder if he goes up to Ferrari owners and tell them how much they got ripped off, a waste of money, how he can afford to buy one, etc but his Honda does the same thing which is taking him from Boint A to Point B.
    Any discussion of higher end firearms brings out that mentality. Sure, I can afford a Rolex but my Timex is just as good. Who needs a Rolls when a Yugo will get you there? Them targets break just as good with a Mossberg as a Perazzi. You can get just as drunk on Thunderbird as Montrachet. It's a peculiar form of reverse snobbery embraced by people with no appreciation for the finer things in life.

Too bad that HK is restricted. It would make a great farm gun.

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't get the bargain hunter's mentality in a sport that is essentially throwing coins downrange.

BANNED
    Dat quad rail, doe.
    2008 called and wants its thick quad rails back.

I partially kid. It's still a very nice rifle.

I don't know where you live, but here in BC we have several shooting ranges in the 800-1000m territory. And yah, some of them are even "outside".

So you can buy 5 of them, but you complain about "insane" price ($5,000?) and the "crazy" price of ammo (.308WIN?). I think you might be trying to play in the wrong league here. Better stick with what you know, and can afford.

What are the left two rifles, they look sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiletec View Post
    Who mentioned anything like "you should" or "why dont you just" funny i dont see that in my post. Oh and i hate golf. LOL
    I was referring to your advice to "just buy a browning bar"... If you feel that's a fair comparison, and that a bar is just as much fun as that HK, then I don't know what else to say to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GundamZero View Post
    What are the left two rifles, they look sexy.
    Steyr SSG 69 and AI AW, both are legendary in their own right.

ghostie for the win!
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast