Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: CDTSA - Milo Range CQB Clinic 29-30 April 2017 Debrief here...

Is proof of having completed the course sufficient? I know that is the case for a lot of courses and we all know how quick Miramichi is.
    Last edited by gophers; 03-17-2017 at 10:35 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Single point slings are cool, it helps my ego...

The reason we use single point sling(s) is its controllable and does not slide around like a 2 point, which really , really shifts and slides and gets in the way of your pistol handling and shooting during the transition. You will see for yourself. Someone always turns up with a 2 point sling because "That's what we were issued..."

All I can say is , "Bring it on..."

I was the Match Director and I'm right behind you giggling and laughing into the microphone

Now about them SBR... BECAUSE we CAN... And I'm no longer issued a rifle that's overly long and cumbersome and invented for the LR Rectangular, shoot off your elbows range.

We are paying for these firearms. Dial up the FUN factor and turn down the SUCK (Fubar movie series filmed in Alberta) !!!

Now I come from a 20" barrel shooting at Service Rifle matches alongside the soldiers shooting their C7A2's... they HAVE to use their issued rifles. Some bring along C8's since THAT is what they are issued.

I'm here to have fun so I shoot a 12" CQB barrel... my personal SR rig is a 14.5" NEA Barreled Colt... Go figure!

Have fun and keep training ....

Cheers,
    Barney
    From this, can I assume you're not too fussed on the single vs 2 point slings?

Does "vest and webbing" include your belt? (Ie 3 rifle on the plate carrier and 2 of each rifle and pistol off belt line)
    Last edited by jg007; 03-18-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    From this, can I assume you're not too fussed on the single vs 2 point slings?

Does "vest and webbing" include your belt? (Ie 3 rifle on the plate carrier and 2 of each rifle and pistol off belt line)
    You read it right. I'm not too fussed. Safety is key and both types of slings are safe. But (big BUT) the 2 point slings get kinda comedic...

And YES vest / webbing/ belt / thigh rig / plate carrier setup; it's all good. Have a look on YouTube ... Search "ORA CQB" look at the videos. Then look at the pictures found in the ORA CQB threads in the Service Rifle forum. Edumakate yourself by them pictures and have at 'er.....

We are over 30 shooters now... you are going to be amazed at how fast I can cycle your relays through! I was trained by the BEST; TimK...

Cheers,

Barney

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    You read it right. I'm not too fussed. Safety is key and both types of slings are safe. But (big BUT) the 2 point slings get kinda comedic...

And YES vest / webbing/ belt / thigh rig / plate carrier setup; it's all good. Have a look on YouTube ... Search "ORA CQB" look at the videos. Then look at the pictures found in the ORA CQB threads in the Service Rifle forum. Edumakate yourself by them pictures and have at 'er.....

We are over 30 shooters now... you are going to be amazed at how fast I can cycle your relays through! I was trained by the BEST; TimK...

Cheers,

Barney
    I'll take a look. Was trying to.find some pics, but your site.is down?

Barney here: Have a look at this picture:

Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 03-19-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    I'll take a look. Was trying to.find some pics, but your site.is down?
    Ah yes, I shut down www.tacticalteacher.ca since all the most current information is right HERE in my dealer forum on CGNutz. Head over to the other clinic "debrief here" posts and you will see a variety of pictures. Then head over to Service Rifle CQB posts... https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...s-Competitions

Did you YouTube search the "ORA CQB" vids, yet?

Have a look and then bring on the questions...

Business Member
    Okay, I love you guyz, but the questions (really elementary) can be answered right here:

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-19-March-2016

Have a read here and then prepare for ultimate fun with your clothes on in Milo. Hey, GuyS your ARSO (assistant RSO safety guy) was just visiting me. He warned about winter storms on 29-30 April. I'm taking his warning seriously....

Cheers,
    Barney

Lmao tell Guy to quit being a baby haha
    This is Alberta we just need to wait 5min an it will be all sunshine , rain bows an unicorns bawhahahaha 👅

Cheers
    Buckaroo

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Lmao tell Guy to quit being a baby haha
    This is Alberta we just need to wait 5min an it will be all sunshine , rain bows an unicorns bawhahahaha ��

Cheers
    Buckaroo
    Okay, maybe one last logistical concern... can you look into getting that block of ice at the bottom of them blue rockets (porta pottys) sorted out before I get there??

ha ha ha ha I guess it's gonna be hard (hard, get the joke? ) to pump them out this time of the year... ha ha ha ha We are gonna be in a world of SHZT!

There, I got you all laughing!

Barney

We always get a late storm just before the May long weekend

Business Member
    Don't forget to practice dry firing, Sight Picture, Sight Picture. Use anything to help you train.... Tactical Banana Protectors...

Always protect your banana..... LOL

Cheers,
    Barney