Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Derya MK12 - better than expected!

Today I bought an extended long range choke from Cabela's. Thinking it should work well for a 00 buckshot choke for coyotes or a 3 inch steel BB choke for a couple geese this fall. Was on clearance for $70.
    Last edited by cr5; 05-23-2017 at 01:30 AM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

I like the optional accessories of the extended quad rail and longer slim line rails, the smooth barrel extension along with the choices of multiple factory buttstocks. I am finding mine has an odd FTE with cheap low powered slugs.
    CCFR — CSSA

Got my extended rifled slug choke in the mail yesterday
    My wife's little cousin (by little I mean 4'9" and around 90 pounds) came over with her boyfriend yesterday so after shooting some easy stuff (17HMR, 22WMR, 9mm and a 223) I brought out the MK-12 since they were both drooling over it and wanted to try it. I put 5 rounds of #4 light Federal target/field loads into it and she got all 5 downrange with no stoppages, I then let her shoot a couple 2 3/4 OO and she shot those without any complaints about the recoil.
    Reliability seems to be getting better and better the more I shoot it and if she can shoot it I'd say it's a pretty smooth shooting shotty (she's so small she could hardly hold it up to aim, lol)

For those that have it - is there an AR style bolt release on the left side? I see videos and images showing so, but read posts here that the Canadian version doesn't have it? So strange!

NVM I found the posts here discussing that. I wonder why they removed it for this market?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    NVM I found the posts here discussing that. I wonder why they removed it for this market?
    Not sure but apparently all the new ones have the little nub instead of the paddle. You can still lock back an empty gun no problem with it but you can't drop the bolt to chamber a round with it. I don't find it to be a problem since you just need to revert back to the operation of a Swiss Arms green or black or any other rifle with a reciprocating handle and no bolt release. It doesn't take long to get used to it.

the reason it is like that is because you can now operate the bolt from the left or the right side. if you operate from the left the bolt release lever would interfere.

Does anyone happen to know if the gas system is adjustable? I've taken it down as per the manual instructions, but can't seem to figure out how the amount of gas returned is controlled...

I was running Challenger handicap #7.5 shells last time, and the hulls were launching out at least 3m! Well passed the 'gentlemanly' trap neighbor distance.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke_of_New_York View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if the gas system is adjustable? I've taken it down as per the manual instructions, but can't seem to figure out how the amount of gas returned is controlled...

I was running Challenger handicap #7.5 shells last time, and the hulls were launching out at least 3m! Well passed the 'gentlemanly' trap neighbor distance.
    Gas system is self regulating, not adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_of_New_York View Post

Don't worry, it's self regulating and I've run everything from 2 3/4 #7.5 light field loads up to 3 inch magnum slugs and goose shot and it cycles it all, stick to the high brass 2 3/4 stuff for the first 50 rounds or so till it loosens up a little then it should work with anything you feed it after that.