Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Mark 4 Optics

Why do I get a feeling we will never see that data?
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    Why do I get a feeling we will never see that data?
    Because the data is not my property and if they decide to release it, I will be the first to post it here.
    If there is ever a CGN meet up or if anyone attends a shoot around the Calgary area, I will absolutely sit down and chat about this in person.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tomochan's Avatar
    I've reviewed a lot of optics. I also own Leupold Mk4 scopes and at one time they were amongst the best in the World and today, yes, they are very nice - kind of on par optically with NF NXS. Five scopes that I own or have extensively reviewed that, in my view, are superior to ANY Leupold Mark 4 are: S+B Pmii 5-25x56 (own), Tangent Theta 5-25x56 (reviewed), NF ATACR 7-36x65 (own) Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 (own) and Kahles 624i 6-24x56 (owned). The Leupold Mk4's I own (3.5-10) and owned (8.5-25x50) are inferior in glass, reticles, turrets and features to any of the scopes mentioned.

Can't afford em.
    Bushy elite 3-9x40 has killed our moose pretty dead for 1/4 the money.

Fabulous glass on some of the higher end leupies.
    I guess the practicality of the purchase depends on the use you buy it for and how much 'campfire bragging rights' mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    Are you still at this? You are going to develop an ulcer. (click here)
    So, S+B paid out the biggest kickback?

I kid, I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Recce21 View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. There is no better optic on the planet than the Leupold line. Optical tests, military trials and military tenders show that. You can prefer other scope manufacturers but when it comes down to science, engineering, ruggedness and battlefield use no one holds a candle to them. Who were you going to recommend? Vortex? US Optics? S&B?. I wont even comment on how sh*tty Vortex is and US Optics and S&B are VERY good optics but physics and engineering shows they lag behind Leupold.
    I really think you are wrong about Leupold, although I will agree with you about Vortex. Leupold's current tactical line is ten years behind the competition in terms of quality and features. In speaking with vendors, the company is in the process of significantly revamping its entire tactical/military line, which is why they are now posturing with the old Mark 4 line. The LEO sales only policy, is meant to drive up demand on old remaining stock Mark IV's in preparation for their new product launches.

Leupold has traditionally relied on its LEO and Mil following, hype, partially through its large discounts to LEO/Mil in the US, and its ability to meet large scale logistical requirements for military contracts. This tactic is waning. They have been losing significant ground to the likes of S&B & Nightforce, as well as other better products. 20 years ago Leupold was the only big tactical scope manufacture in the US, able to meet large scale military demand. The market has changed.

Leupold is playing catch up.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Recce21 View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. There is no better optic on the planet than the Leupold line. Optical tests, military trials and military tenders show that. You can prefer other scope manufacturers but when it comes down to science, engineering, ruggedness and battlefield use no one holds a candle to them. Who were you going to recommend? Vortex? US Optics? S&B?. I wont even comment on how sh*tty Vortex is and US Optics and S&B are VERY good optics but physics and engineering shows they lag behind Leupold.
    Lol Leupold cool-aid truck tipped and spilled over your house? I like S&B a lot and am a fan, even I will not call S&B or any scope the best, they all have pros & cons. Calling leupold the best in the world just shows your ignorance, like my good buddy thinks no revolvers are better than colt python...Kroth and Manurhin don't hold a candle to the colt...yeah right lol
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 06-18-2017 at 09:21 PM.
    Get some!!! ^^

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    To everyone saying Leupold is somehow bad for stopping selling Mk4's--THEY'RE REPLACING THEM WITH SOMETHING BETTER
    To everyone saying Leupold makes a bad product, you're idiots. They might not have the BEST glass, but I'm willing to bet they are the toughest. A Vortex can have some sweet glass, but if it's broken, whats the clarity worth? Durability is the most important thing to me, and to most military contracts, and that's why Leupold has so many of them. I hope the Mk5 is better than the 4, because improvements are always welcome.
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Classy "To everyone saying Leupold makes a bad product, you're idiots."
    If you would like to trade any S&B PM2s for my Leupold Mark4s. Feel free to PM me.

Cheers,
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast