Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR Clinic 24-25 March 2018 Debrief Here!!

Quote Originally Posted by pl_2ic View Post
    Um...

Now I remember why I disliked Pet.
    15-20cm of snow is the long range forecast for 22March.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...tario/petawawa
    I like snow.

Business Member
    Nos such thing as bad weather...just shzt choice of kit....

Bring extra clothes in your vehicle and while you are at it....have a change of clothes to drive home comfortably....After all none of us are limited by the finite space of a rucksack. Been there, done that... I am so over carrying all my stuff around! We don’t have to .... so travel in comfort.

Cheers, Barney

Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 03-12-2018 at 12:32 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Day or night regardless of weather....
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

Never believe anything you read and only half of what you see.

If you have been in the forces if it ain't raining it ain't training

Last edited by pl_2ic; 03-12-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.

Business Member
    Two more weeks folks. We have a large group of shooters... still lots of snow on the ground. Bring extra clothes. Bring extra snacks. Extra water to drink down in the butts.

Remember to bring ID to show the gate guard just before you gather with us across the street from the Base Fire Hall. We will gather there for 0800 to 0830 and then convoy to Range Control to sign in for your vehicle passes.

Remember to bring sandwiches and extra food since we will eat lunch AT the Range. We will have access to a wood stove and piles of firewood so you will have a great chance to warm up. Trust me, that building gets warm FAST!!

Remember to charge up your device batteries since I will be tossing lots and lots information at you. You will want to take pictures ...

I even have a chance to video your target presentation AND results with YOUR Smart Phone especially at 600m

We are over 40 shooters and we have brought on the great services of Ryan-Mcle the ORA PR Match Director as a second instructor...I am very lucky to have this talent pool!! There will be many chances to bust open questions about PRS style shooting. Many of the Garrison Petawawa Gun Club will be with us and are able to speak to PRS questions.... that’s what we are here for.

Yup we have not one but TWO experienced ORA Match Directors right at your fingertips to answer your queries regarding getting you and your family into this game. What’s not to like??

Don’t forget that on Friday night we have not ONE but TWO get together or meet and greet events happening at 1900 hrs. Kelsey’s and Quesada Burrito depending on your appetite and budget.

And then on Saturday we will gather at 630 or 1830 at Dannys Steak House for Prime Rib of course... Food Coma for you new shooters!!

Cheers, Barney

I'm bringing 4 guys with me for this course, should we bringing snowshoes???

Quote Originally Posted by The Whip View Post
    I'm bringing 4 guys with me for this course, should we bringing snowshoes???
    No , Not enough deep snow for them as there is only 5-6 inches on the range at this time..
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Bad news guys ....No Prime Rib at Dannys restaurant for Saturday evening. The Rotary club is in there that night and they cant fit us in.
    I made a reservation at Kelseys restaurant instead for 1830hrs and 40 people.
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2