Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR Clinic 24-25 March 2018 Debrief Here!!

Hotel Booked! Can't wait to see everybody again.

Bring your mugs and hot drink mix. I'll be bringing some sort of kettle or pot for hot water. Or... does anyone have a nice big coffee maker? you know the kind they have in churches and community halls?

Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    Bring your mugs and hot drink mix. I'll be bringing some sort of kettle or pot for hot water. Or... does anyone have a nice big coffee maker? you know the kind they have in churches and community halls?
    I was just gonna bring a thermos with tea or something in it, but this works too. Actually I have a little camping stove that can easily be used to boil water in a tail gate party :D

BTW, Barney, can I bring a "cart" to haul my gear as I don't think I'll be able to carry all that around due to injuries resulting from a motorbike accident. I have an "off-road- pull cart .. let me know please.

Thanks

Your cart may not work that well depending on the snow conditions but bring it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    I was just gonna bring a thermos with tea or something in it, but this works too. Actually I have a little camping stove that can easily be used to boil water in a tail gate party :D

BTW, Barney, can I bring a "cart" to haul my gear as I don't think I'll be able to carry all that around due to injuries resulting from a motorbike accident. I have an "off-road- pull cart .. let me know please.

Thanks
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Business Member
    Yeah sure thing bring the cart ... no sense killing yourself...

Cheers, Barney

Sounds awesome, hope there is another beginner one soon.

There are more of his PR clinics here in Petawawa May 26-27 - June 9-10 , July 14-15 , Aug 11-12 , Sept 29 - 30
    Last edited by chalkriver2; 03-13-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Nos such thing as bad weather...just shzt choice of kit....

Bring extra clothes in your vehicle and while you are at it....have a change of clothes to drive home comfortably....After all none of us are limited by the finite space of a rucksack. Been there, done that... I am so over carrying all my stuff around! We don’t have to .... so travel in comfort.
    Barney,

Are you going to give us some advanced knowledge of the weekend schedule?

Can you tell us how the course is scheduled? Since there is no “Match” on Sunday, will Saturday be a day of theory and exercises (read agony snap exercise) INDOORS or will the whole event happen OUTDOORS?

Are we shooting both days (I need to reload enough boooolits)?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c-l View Post
    Barney,

Are you going to give us some advanced knowledge of the weekend schedule?

Can you tell us how the course is scheduled? Since there is no “Match” on Sunday, will Saturday be a day of theory and exercises (read agony snap exercise) INDOORS or will the whole event happen OUTDOORS?

Are we shooting both days (I need to reload enough boooolits)?
    Back to the future.....

Claude: when you guys appeared on the scene last year, you stepped into the HYBRID weekend with a fast clinic on Saturday with Walk Back during the afternoon. Then you shot a formal match on Sunday. That’s the format you and some new shooters remember. This Hybrid weekend seems to be a great compromise between a two day clinic or course versus the single day Match like we run over in Base Borden as conducted by the ORA. The Hybrid weekend was designed to EASE new PR shooters into competition, conduct the walk back and obtain zeroes and dope at a comfortable pace. Unfortunately this compression of the curriculum still left many gaps in the learning but one has to work with what one is given....

Not every new PR shooter can attend the single two day clinic weekend and then we throw them straight into a match. That’s not how you grow a community of competition shooters. Many of you love the community Morgan and Garrison Petawawa GC has allowed us to build.

Regardless of Hybrid weekend, we are responding to requests from many, many raw beginners for more formal match training by offering this full weekend of training/instruction. And lots and lots of them have responded....I am honoured.

This two day clinic has NO match whatsoever. On day one we conduct:

* equipment briefing
    * rifle preparation
    * spotting scope discussion and comparisons
    * spotter and shooter communication
    * wind reading
    * anemometer discussion and lessons
    * 100m zero
    * 100m box test

Then over the remainder of the two days:

* walk through talk through of all the matches from 200m Rapid Follow Up all the way to 600m One Shot One Kill

The walk through talk through will take both days

It’s a perfect opportunity to learn the matches and shoot them TWICE over the two days. You won’t even have this opportunity for practice at the DCRA NSCC in August. I should know.... ask me how I know about the PR Match Conduct at NSCC

So for the TWO days, this is the closest thing you will ever get for $ 80 to ANY shooting camp that lasts five days or longer. Shop around. You will be surprised how much a formal course taught by REAL Snipers will run ya.....

We are over FIFTY shooters today and I have not included my range staff YET... have I run through larger groups? Sure I have....

Is this $80 well spent? I will let each of you decide. AND I will happily refer you onwards to other shooting schools taught by real experts! Hahahaha, I’m just a (retired) Religion Teacher....as I introduced myself at the PPCLI Sniper School.

Cheers, Barney.

Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 03-14-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Back to the future.....

Is this $80 well spent?

You don't have to ask a question like that you know, as far as "we" are concerned, every single dollar spent in your PR classes is money WELL spent.
    The value of the gained experience and knowledge is always way over the dollar value of what you charge.

...10 days to go!