Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c feedback

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    The grub screw (allen head) on the bottom of the gas block is too long by about 1/16th" or more. It interferes with the T-nut rotation on M-Lok accessories mounted in the position below the gas block.
    After 90 rounds mine started to back out as well. Needs loctite.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    The grub screw (allen head) on the bottom of the gas block is too long by about 1/16th" or more. It interferes with the T-nut rotation on M-Lok accessories mounted in the position below the gas block.
    After 90 rounds mine started to back out as well. Needs loctite.

This grub screw is used to hold things in line before the cross pin is inserted. Now the rifle is completed you can remove it and not cause any issues. We just thought it looked better left in place rather than have an empty hole.

Super Moderator
    I'd just shorten it...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    This grub screw is used to hold things in line before the cross pin is inserted. Now the rifle is completed you can remove it and not cause any issues. We just thought it looked better left in place rather than have an empty hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    I'd just shorten it...
    Ahh, good to know - I'll cut it down and put it back in - thanks!
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Got mine to the range.

It would not feed more then a round or two from 10 round LAR mags. It would also not feed from .50 beauwolf mags. Both mags manufacturers are aluminum and choked the WK180 fast. I didn’t spend time diagnosing why they didn’t work as it didn’t concern me - I had tried the Troy mags first and I knew they worked so I just went back to them.

The Hera and Troy mags worked flawlessly. I’ll stick to them.

The rifle was a lot of fun to shoot. The controls are great. Reloads are fast. It was accurate enough for me.

I shot a mix of Norinco 5.56 and Remington White box.

Trigger isn’t great but it’s workable. I’ll keep it the way it is.

The rifles action stayed remarkably clean compared to a DI gun.

This thing is a winner in my books. I’m amazed this thing came in under 2k.

Money well spent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Under $2k? Don't get carried away. $2k is a lot of money and few rifles are worth even anything close to $2K. Don't give dealers any ideas.
    1944 - 18 year old men stormed the beaches of Normandy into almost certain death.
    2021 - 18 year old boys need a safe space because words hurt their feelings.
    2022 - 18 year old boys aren't sure what bathroom to use.

Quote Originally Posted by saskcop View Post
    Under $2k? Don't get carried away. $2k is a lot of money and few rifles are worth even anything close to $2K. Don't give dealers any ideas.
    Maybe I’m just setting things up for the EE bargain of a lifetime. Ever think of that?

Also, 2k isn’t a lot of money for an albertacop. - kidding.

Seriously tho, there are black rifles that cost more and offer similar performance. My $2,600 XCR-L comes to mind. Heck, my Mini-14 cost more then the WK180. Even my T97 was $900.

A non restricted AR180, made in Canada, with improvements over my old AR180b. Yeah, I’m surprised it came in under 2k.

Well done Wolverine and Kodiak! Bravo!

A question for Mr. Wolverine. Im curious wether any of the feedback thus far from current owners or even information gained from perhaps a production issue that made it out the door and came back into the shop will be incorporated in the rifle anytime soon? I just joined the waiting list for one. I was told maybe Christmas time is when I might get one. No biggie really on the wait. Im just wondering whether the rifle I get at Christmas timeish will be slightly enhanced or modified from the rifles hitting the market now?

Got to hold one the other day. Decided to put the modern sporter build on hold and pick up one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    A question for Mr. Wolverine. Im curious wether any of the feedback thus far from current owners or even information gained from perhaps a production issue that made it out the door and came back into the shop will be incorporated in the rifle anytime soon? I just joined the waiting list for one. I was told maybe Christmas time is when I might get one. No biggie really on the wait. Im just wondering whether the rifle I get at Christmas timeish will be slightly enhanced or modified from the rifles hitting the market now?
    We have no planned changes yet.