Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: STAG-10 In the Wild!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by flippyclips View Post
    What is the torque setting for the gas block screws?
    Standard torque for 10-32 is 30 in lbs. I am almost positive they were 10-32 but I cant remember. I used 25 and haven't had a problem
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

Love my stag!! Question for you guys tho. The screw under the grip to reduce receiver play. On my ars they have a rubber top so it’s not metal on metal and you can tighten it a little more. My stag is just a straight screw. Anyone else notice this?

Dammit! I keep deciding to not by one of these but you guys keep posting, and I keep thinking about it. Still waiting on a Grendel upper for my MV, but damn these look good!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 556tar21 View Post
    Love my stag!! Question for you guys tho. The screw under the grip to reduce receiver play. On my ars they have a rubber top so it’s not metal on metal and you can tighten it a little more. My stag is just a straight screw. Anyone else notice this?
    On both of mine it is a rubber tipped set screw. The screw itself is bare and can easily turn so I locktited them also. If yours is bare then yes you want a polymer tipped one. To get at it you remove the grip and unscrew. I tightened mine so it was just touching and needed a little squeeze of the receivers to push the take down pin through. Absolutely no slop at all.
    Last edited by YoungestPiperCub; 10-10-2018 at 03:20 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    Dammit! I keep deciding to not by one of these but you guys keep posting, and I keep thinking about it. Still waiting on a Grendel upper for my MV, but damn these look good!
    Sell something if you have to. These rifles are the $H!T Hunting with a ture AR. Everything fits and works. I have canceled my SLR and ATRS for these. If you want 223 to plink with then this is not the choice but if you want to hunt with a black rifle this is the only game in town.
    Last edited by YoungestPiperCub; 10-10-2018 at 03:20 PM.

An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    On both of mine it is a rubber tipped set screw. The screw itself is bare and can easily turn so I locktited them also. If yours is bare then yes you want a polymer tipped one. To get at it you remove the grip and unscrew. I tightened mine so it was just touching and needed a little squeeze of the receivers to push the take down pin through. Absolutely no slop at all.
    Yup pulled mine and it’s polymer... sorry looked like steel from the top but defiant polymer tipped...

I took out my Stag 10 for the first time in the country side to sight it in. As I was finishing up a conservation officer came by and what are the chances because I never see them in the spot where I go shoot. He just wanted to know If was doing any hunting and then asked to see what I was shooting. I showed him the Stag 10 and I told him it was non restricted. He was pretty cool about it and then just ask what caliber it was. Checked my pal and told me to have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    Standard torque for 10-32 is 30 in lbs. I am almost positive they were 10-32 but I cant remember. I used 25 and haven't had a problem
    Thanks! Did you use any threadlocker with 25 inch/lbs?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpan187 View Post
    I took out my Stag 10 for the first time in the country side to sight it in. As I was finishing up a conservation officer came by and what are the chances because I never see them in the spot where I go shoot. He just wanted to know If was doing any hunting and then asked to see what I was shooting. I showed him the Stag 10 and I told him it was non restricted. He was pretty cool about it and then just ask what caliber it was. Checked my pal and told me to have a good day.
    Nice! That's the second post I have seen about interactions with CO's! Glad they are cool about it!