Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M14 parts kits - On Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Robbs View Post
    Not the ones where the specs are off. Be careful with M305 receivers.
    which specs are you referring to specifically?

They are awesome kits. Built my IDF sniper clone using one. Once the kits are sold out, I expect the price to double after a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewe View Post
    Don't have a pic of any targets I'll have to remember to back up my talk with proof next time! I'm not one for taking pics but my hunting partner snagged this while we were out a couple weeks ago that'll prove I lug it around at least! LOL

Attachment 221578
    another m14 myth broken. good on ya, still want to see the 1 MOA @ 200. 3 rounds don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by b-wingpilot View Post
    They are awesome kits. Built my IDF sniper clone using one. Once the kits are sold out, I expect the price to double after a few years.

where did you find that sling?, i can't get my g.i. sling, to fit the side frnt sling ring.

Quote Originally Posted by mussyhairhillbilly View Post
    where did you find that sling?, i can't get my g.i. sling, to fit the side frnt sling ring.
    Israel

In 3-5 yrs people will say - Why didn’t I buy a ‘kit’ and toss it under the bed....

They didn’t move when there was 125x left, so they go ‘on sale’ and now, only 88 remaining....

I bet the sale ends at 40x left. As John starts to run out they will sell fast, cause people won’t want to miss out..... but they will be $950 again....

People... jump on this at the sale price...... buy 2x, it’s almost the price of one. In a year sell your 650 parts kit for 1000
    Last edited by hfp75; 11-13-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    Hanser " Procrastinate now, don't put it off "
    -God Bless North America - Especially Alberta!!!
    -Some people are just dying to meet a Paramedic... Please God! Not ANOTHER learning experience!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    (Its not the ZOMBIES that scare me, it is THE NEW WORLD ORDER)

As much as I love the M14 I think your a little off point. There on sale because people wanted the heavy barrel kits, so these ones are having a hard time moving. Also I don’t think they will jump in value, why would someone pay a bunch of money for a mismatched parts kit when you can get specific ones from the states? I’m sure these are great but if I was doing another specific build I’d source the matching parts I wanted.

Agreed. As much as I too say buy them now for a great price, they certainly won't jump up to anywhere near $1000. I've seen IDF part kit rifles sit on the EE for months. Nobody hopping into the M14 game is going to drop $2k on an IDF rifle, especially if they're brand new and there are other offerings in the 308 NR world now, and it sits around the brand new Springfield M1A territory. Some of us care for the history of the kits, not everyone liking this style of rifle cares.

I've seen them average from 1800-2200 depending on part manufacturers; add receiver cost (Norc, LRB, Fulton), then add the time/work required either by the owner or that they had Barney/M14 Medic do. Then there are usually *some* upgrades, like a unitized gas system, shims, upgraded op rod spring guide, new stock (USGI, Archangel, Walnut, etc). These kits really aren't buy now, sell for double in a year. Some folks made a buck selling off the spare heavies they bought. But anyone who hasn't bought as of yet, really doesn't want one. Most of us that have bought one, bought multiple. We have a small market up here, a small group of us interested in the M1 Action, and an even smaller group of us interested in working on them and paying those who know better to do the harder jobs.

I'm sure they will sell *eventually*, but I'd bet at least a third of those will be current owners grabbing another when the funds allow. Hell, I may grab a 3rd sometime down the line!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobean View Post
    Agreed. As much as I too say buy them now for a great price, they certainly won't jump up to anywhere near $1000. I've seen IDF part kit rifles sit on the EE for months. Nobody hopping into the M14 game is going to drop $2k on an IDF rifle, especially if they're brand new and there are other offerings in the 308 NR world now, and it sits around the brand new Springfield M1A territory. Some of us care for the history of the kits, not everyone liking this style of rifle cares.

I've seen them average from 1800-2200 depending on part manufacturers; add receiver cost (Norc, LRB, Fulton), then add the time/work required either by the owner or that they had Barney/M14 Medic do. Then there are usually *some* upgrades, like a unitized gas system, shims, upgraded op rod spring guide, new stock (USGI, Archangel, Walnut, etc). These kits really aren't buy now, sell for double in a year. Some folks made a buck selling off the spare heavies they bought. But anyone who hasn't bought as of yet, really doesn't want one. Most of us that have bought one, bought multiple. We have a small market up here, a small group of us interested in the M1 Action, and an even smaller group of us interested in working on them and paying those who know better to do the harder jobs.

I'm sure they will sell *eventually*, but I'd bet at least a third of those will be current owners grabbing another when the funds allow. Hell, I may grab a 3rd sometime down the line!
    Yeah .. That about covers all the items I've been thinking and couldn't quite put it down as well as you

To the ones who built those kits, where did you get your receivers? I was looking for a project like this but I don't feel like buying a complete M305 just to strip the receiver from it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast