Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WK180c upper feedback

One thing i am wondering if you guys could do, is find a a way to fix that wobble between the receivers.

Expired Business Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift117 View Post
    One thing i am wondering if you guys could do, is find a a way to fix that wobble between the receivers.
    We are looking into this. The main problem is not knowing any of Kodiacs tolerance's. The three samples we have here have a wide variety of sizes. We may have a creative solution but its too early to tell.

When i measured mine, the lug on the upper was 0.4005" and the hole in the lower was 0.4050". I had a discussion with a another member on the forum regarding this issue and we were using a couple different solutions such as slipping an oring over ther lug or using shims on the side of the lug. But the solution that i thought would work was actually machining a channel or two on the lug for a few Orings. One at the top of the lug, one in the middle and near the bottom. I wanted to avoid any upwards pressure on the upper. I thought the oring channels would be better because uses lateral pressure to tighten up the lug. Any upwards pressure that can cause torque on the disassembly button, upper receiver, and recoil guide base would wear it out eventually.
    Last edited by Drift117; 11-22-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Expired Business Rep
    When i measured mine, the lug on the upper was 0.4005" and the hole in the lower was 0.4050". I had a discussion with a another member on the forum regarding this issue and we were using a couple different solutions such as slipping an oring over ther lug or using shims on the side of the lug. But the solution that i thought would work was actually machining a channel or two on the lug for a few Orings. One at the top of the lug, one in the middle and near the bottom. I wanted to avoid any upwards pressure on the upper. I thought the oring channels would be better because it uses lateral pressure to tighten up the lug and any upwards pressure causes torque on the disassembly button, upper receiver, and recoil guide base would wear it out eventually.

Ok now I'm going to have to check our security....you pretty much nailed it, so you are either a well versed gun nut or you can read my mind. We figured it would be a way for guys to use different o rings depending on clearances they have. Its pretty much the only way to fix the issue and a cost effective solution. Thanks for the feedback, now get out of my head. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by RWA-Technical View Post
    Ok now I'm going to have to check our security....you pretty much nailed it, so you are either a well versed gun nut or you can read my mind. We figured it would be a way for guys to use different o rings depending on clearances they have. Its pretty much the only way to fix the issue and a cost effective solution. Thanks for the feedback, now get out of my head. hahaha
    What... get out of MY head! hahaha

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

CGN frequent flyer
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say I would prefer the bolt handle on the right and a bolt release on the left like an AR.

This would make for a little less opening for dirt and crap to get into the receiver and put the reciprocating bolt away from my body.

I also think it would be nice to finally see a Canadian rifle that shoots 5.45x39. Distributors tell me there is a decent amount of affordable surplus out there.

When i measured mine, the lug on the upper was 0.4005" and the hole in the lower was 0.4050". I had a discussion with a another member on the forum regarding this issue and we were using a couple different solutions such as slipping an oring over ther lug or using shims on the side of the lug. But the solution that i thought would work was actually machining a channel or two on the lug for a few Orings. One at the top of the lug, one in the middle and near the bottom. I wanted to avoid any upwards pressure on the upper. I thought the oring channels would be better because it uses lateral pressure to tighten up the lug and any upwards pressure causes torque on the disassembly button, upper receiver, and recoil guide base would wear it out eventually.
    Since I put a small rubber shim at the bottom, essentially excreting a slight upward pressure on the upper, I'd honestly would love to know what you have as concern.

My concern was any upwards pressure can cause torque on the disassembly button, upper receiver, and recoil guide base thus wearing out the receiver. Its hard to explain without pics.

Expired Business Rep
    I think this o ring fix is the ticket. Then your upper will just click in. We will post some pics soon to show it. It could be a modification we offer to guys who want to ship us their current upper. However it does seem like what we will be doing on the WK180 uppers we are making. We should have prices nailed down soon as well, basically when the prototype is finished. Maybe a week or so.
    Last edited by RWA-Technical; 11-22-2018 at 04:55 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler4867 View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say I would prefer the bolt handle on the right and a bolt release on the left like an AR.

This would make for a little less opening for dirt and crap to get into the receiver and put the reciprocating bolt away from my body.

I also think it would be nice to finally see a Canadian rifle that shoots 5.45x39. Distributors tell me there is a decent amount of affordable surplus out there.
    RWA has been making a right hand charge right hand eject for a while now.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast