Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 819193949596979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1073

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Non-Restricted Receiver Set [WAIT LIST]

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstang View Post
    At 3-400 I would buy but not at 1000.00 way to much. Heck the ATRS is cheaper and of known better quality.
    Atrs is $25 cheaper, hardly worth talking about. And i believe atrs is the sole source meaning they receive 100% of the profit. MDI has dealers which means they are splitting profit. So who is really over priced??

Slam them all you want, but my impression is that Wyatt has been pretty dam good about trying to answer questions and concerns as I have followed him on social media. I have been super impressed with a number of the things they have done and continue to do. Let's try and remember this is a small new company. Does it sux when you get something that doesn't work as you wanted.....sometimes there is a real problem and sometimes it's just our unrealistic expectations. Look at how slow the role put has been for the new ruger pcc, which is a "slightly" larger company than mdi. They also have seemed to fix the real issues people have found, and not taken months and months to resolve them.

For the most part the vendors like TNA, and RDSC have also been very good in how they have helped handle things and mediated between the end users and MDI as well. Why dont we sit back and hope they succeed and be happy if/when they do that we have a company offering us a sporting rifle that uses "men's lego" parts to build.
    To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and then claim whatever you hit as the target .

Quote Originally Posted by Yycbulletsandbrass View Post
    Atrs is $25 cheaper, hardly worth talking about. And i believe atrs is the sole source meaning they receive 100% of the profit. MDI has dealers which means they are splitting profit. So who is really over priced??
    I don't get this. What does dealer pricing have to do with end consumer prices and the value they see in a product?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik123 View Post
    I don't get this. What does dealer pricing have to do with end consumer prices and the value they see in a product?
    For example. If the slr receiver set costs $500 to make and retail is $1000, that means MDI and their dealers are sharing the $500 margin. Atrs receiver set is also retailing for $1000 and atrs is not sharing the profit. So if MDI is too expensive then what does that make atrs?

They cost the same and atrs is not the sole retailer of the ms. Rdsc will be selling the ms as atrs stated a few months ago. But enough talking about other vendors in tna's forum.

That depends on the consumer, dealer pricing/profit margins don't factor into it. If the customer thinks the product is worth at least the selling price they will buy it.

Not that it's relevant, but I also remember reading that ATRS was looking to sell to other dealers, I don't recall what came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yycbulletsandbrass View Post
    For example. If the slr receiver set costs $500 to make and retail is $1000, that means MDI and their dealers are sharing the $500 margin. Atrs receiver set is also retailing for $1000 and atrs is not sharing the profit. So if MDI is too expensive then what does that make atrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hhutch View Post
    While some people act like children waiting for ice cream, I'm patiently waiting while the kids beta test the rifle and work out all the bugs for me!
    Don't worry, I already did the beta testing. I had a early anodized set. First anodized set I got was missing the charging handle latch, the vendor exchanged it promptly. The 2nd set I got the magazine well was more generous, but the upper was machined such that some magazines wouldn't seat. Wyatt did take care of it promptly. I even sent him 10 different magazines to try with it. Mac Def has been good about fixing all the issues with their products. The stuff they are making now is much better than what us 'early' got. In my opinion it is still a #### design, but at least now parts & magazines will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashed View Post
    Slam them all you want, but my impression is that Wyatt has been pretty dam good about trying to answer questions and concerns as I have followed him on social media. I have been super impressed with a number of the things they have done and continue to do. Let's try and remember this is a small new company. Does it sux when you get something that doesn't work as you wanted.....sometimes there is a real problem and sometimes it's just our unrealistic expectations. Look at how slow the role put has been for the new ruger pcc, which is a "slightly" larger company than mdi. They also have seemed to fix the real issues people have found, and not taken months and months to resolve them.

For the most part the vendors like TNA, and RDSC have also been very good in how they have helped handle things and mediated between the end users and MDI as well. Why dont we sit back and hope they succeed and be happy if/when they do that we have a company offering us a sporting rifle that uses "men's lego" parts to build.
    I cannot wait for the complaining when the NEA oops BCL Badger is out.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    I cannot wait for the complaining when the NEA oops BCL Badger is out.
    You dont have to wait.....its all already happening just take a look at the badger thread.

Us Canadian sure love to hate on ourselves. Thinking of that anyone see the Deadpool - Nickleback trailer?
    To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and then claim whatever you hit as the target .

I spoke with MD yesterday on FB apparently the phase two orders are being machined as we speak I couldn't get an answer as to how many orders have been filled though.