Page 66 of 238 FirstFirst ... 465658596061626364656667686970717273747686 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Talk to them yesterday. The uppers will be a bit yet. I was told end of the month mid February before we see them. 3 out of 4 mills broke down and set them back big time. Everything that happened before xmas was covered in the email blast sent out on the 27th.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jory View Post
    Anyone know when then next preorders are up? I'm losing my will to resist these...
    We're monitoring them on a day to day basis to see where we want to cut the preorder off. We already had to extend the numbers once due to the website accepting a large surplus of orders over one weekend, so now we're keeping a bit closer of an eye on it and trying to come up with an exact answer to this very question.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Were 1 week into January. Any updates on on uppers?
    As was mentioned, we had a number of machines break down and require significant repair. I'm getting good reports that the machines we're running op 3 in should be back up and progressing very soon, but it's not an exact science, you fix one thing and discover another. We absolutely missed our goal to have uppers out for the end of 2018. As Greg mentioned, we are trying our hardest to get some out to anodizing ASAP and realistically i think that looks like the end of January (ie, 31st) or first half of February for the first parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman242 View Post
    The AT website is still accepting pre-orders.
    And as long as the website says 2nd production run, that's what it will be. We'll update it before we switch over to taking orders for a third run.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    In no way is this a dig, but could you just update the website more often? example: it still shows everything on track, with outdated dates, etc

I have it bookmarked to check up on it like probably many other, but its understandable if its not realistic to be modifying your site all the time, just a suggestion. Thanks
    We have been putting absolutely all of our efforts into getting the mills back into operation and getting uppers machined. As a result some of our other normal day to day stuff has been neglected such as website maintenance. This has been addressed now. Soon we may actually get a chance to clean the floors, bathrooms and other housekeeping chores that have also been neglected.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by ssapach View Post
    Maybe some of the members here who keep asking when the uppers will be ready could come and do janitorial service in order to keep the production going.

dibs out from my end, it's a 4 hr drive to get there.....

I don't think asking for updates is too much to ask. I guarantee I'm busier than these people and work more hours. So why the sass?
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't think asking for updates is too much to ask. I guarantee I'm busier than these people and work more hours. So why the sass?
    The more they put into anything but machining means the less machining they can do (pretty obvious). I could care less how much you work, but I want ATRS working on building my receivers not answering everyone’s questions, since that means I have my receivers at an earlier date. They have the update before your post too btw, did you read all the posts? Do you want a hand written letter from Rick? I have hundreds of questions I could have asked Shaun or Rick but I shut up for the greater good.

Sorry for the rant but I’m tired of the whining, unfortunately your post was the one I quoted.

Whether they're working 6 hour days or 16, every minute they spend on a phone or in front of a computer responding to customers is a minute they don't spend working on the product. I'd rather they only focused on essential updates on the process and timelines than making regular ones that may or may not be of any meaningful substance.

What part of we will call you when it's ready and we expect our second run to be done August 2019 did your not understand???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

So ATRS....do you need help? What can WE do to help you, aside from crowd funding some new mills? Would it help to have someone pack box's, inventory, stuff like that?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    We're monitoring them on a day to day basis to see where we want to cut the preorder off. We already had to extend the numbers once due to the website accepting a large surplus of orders over one weekend, so now we're keeping a bit closer of an eye on it and trying to come up with an exact answer to this very question.
    Thanks! I appreciate the response. I'm not in a rush; I just wanted an idea of what timeline to expect if I were to place an order today vs when I'd have the product in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    So ATRS....do you need help? What can WE do to help you, aside from crowd funding some new mills? Would it help to have someone pack box's, inventory, stuff like that?
    I'm just a quick trip (500km) down the road from them. I volunteer my time to show up with a case of beer to clap and cheer loudly for them from the corner of the shop of your choosing while they work.
    The sell price for any item(s) I sell on the EE are for the item(s) only, and do not include shipping, unless otherwise stated. Any agreed upon shipping costs do not include insurance, unless otherwise discussed.