Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Savage 10BA Stealth evolution .308 DOA?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinasta View Post
    That is the proper bag for the mag. Heres what mine looked like.

This is how the bloody gun was supposed to come. Where the hell is the accessories inside box????

BANNED
    Sorry bud... Ryan's got more credibility on here than you ever will. You're not going to do a damn thing to tarnish his reputation.

You lost me the second you said you wanted your 15% discount back in cash and that your Christmas was ruined...

You deserve a new rail, and hopefully Savage gets you that.

Now take your ball and go home. Come back when you want to act like an adult.

To the ignore list you go. No way I'm risking selling you something.

Quote Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
    Sorry bud... Ryan's got more credibility on here than you ever will. You're not going to do a damn thing to tarnish his reputation.

You lost me the second you said you wanted your 15% discount back in cash and that your Christmas was ruined...

You deserve a new rail, and hopefully Savage gets you that.

Now take your ball and go home. Come back when you want to act like an adult.

To the ignore list you go. No way I'm risking selling you something.
    Was that really the only option I gave? Read up.
    1. New replaced rifle
    2. Refund + 15% discount which I could have gotten at another retailer
    3. Replaced rail.

And yes I got what I wanted but not from SFRC.

BANNED
    The fact that you felt that it was even reasonable to ask for the additional 15% tells me all I need to know about you. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mockba77 View Post
    Why you did not buy it from Tenda then?

You are flying. As Suther already mentioned you have to be daft to think they refund you the cost, return shipping and 15% on top of it. Or will give you $600 (30%!!!) so you can polish the bolt Yes, you received a product with some imperfections. Not the end of the day. Talk to the shop you bought it from and go from there. No need to lament ... If the shop has a free return policy, ask for a shipping label. If not, get RMA, pack the rifle, send it back on your dime and receive a refund. Remember the experience and move forward.
    I didn't shop around. I found out afterwards. I was a big fanboy of SFRC since 2011. They were really good back in the day. I'm very sad it came down to this. I saved funds and spent quite a bit since boxing day and I had 100% satisfactory experiences everywhere except for SFRC. We have a great community at CGN and I thank everyone for their support.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Although I believe asking for a plus 15% refund is ludicrous, that rifle sure looks used to me. The rail is too marked up to have just had a little bump and the bolt looks to have been cycled much more than if it was just test fired. Maybe savage got it back as a warranty return and resold it? T'were it me having shelled out what the OP paid, I would be upset as well.

Quote Originally Posted by new360 View Post
    Was that really the only option I gave? Read up.
    1. New replaced rifle
    2. Refund + 15% discount which I could have gotten at another retailer
    3. Replaced rail.

And yes I got what I wanted but not from SFRC.
    Don’t forget the option you gave them to give you $600 back for ####s and giggles.

1) ... not super unreasonable - but based on the facts, likely you wouldn’t be satisfied with the new one anyway, as it would have all the same issues (minus the rail)
    2) absolutely unreasonable
    3) at this point, I can only imagine dealing with you is a nightmare. While it’s hard to convey tone of voice over words, you certainly do sound like someone that would be screaming over the phone and credibility would have already been lost from suggestion #2.

That doesn’t even account for when you asked for 30% ($600) back as another alternative... if prior to asking for a new rail, anything more coming out of your mouth would simply be going in one ear and out the other.

You ignored a suggestion from a member in this thread to check the box under the tape. That was the first thing I thought when I came to this thread as well.

The ‘accessories’ you’re asking for is your ####ing rail. It’s mounted for you. Having used to work at a gun store, some came mounted, some did not. Those bags are 100% what savage sends their stuff in.

Entitled world we live in. Glad to hear you ‘got what you wanted’... my guess is this entire soap box was strictly for that, to get some additional swag by throughong a bossy fit. Refer back to the start of this paragraph - it’s the way the world works now.

Enjoy your rifle, and enjoy my ignore list

I had similar experiences with most of the so called "sponsoring businesses".

Long gone are the times when a dealer inspects the firearms received from the distributor, before passing/selling them to the customer.
    Greed, rejection of responsibility, neglect and overall carelessness might play a role here.

I have learned my lesson. Since several years I buy only used from the CGN community, and never did I have a bad experience.
    It seems the "business ethics" of the CGN members are way and far above that of the so called "sponsors".

scares me to buy something from a CGN sponsor - had a bad experience with one two years ago

they are not all bad, but the good ones are very rare, less than a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    scares me to buy something from a CGN sponsor - had a bad experience with one two years ago