Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remington model 7 ss HS

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth View Post
    Just curious as to how a Model Seven fits medium to large framed fellas I’m 5’11 200 lbs ?
    Leavenworth
    Bump

Bump

Good morning Leavenworth,

I too am 5' 11" and 200 lbs. I have had many Remington model 7's. They fit like a glove for us larger framed guys. Almost like a real sweet mountain rifle if you will.

I would look at a regular Remington model seven at your LGS if you can and try to imagine that platform with a way nicer and better fitting stock on it. I hope this helps somewhat.

John

BANNED
    Looking forward to checking out this new Model 7 in 6.5cm.

Trying to decide whether to go with it (assuming it's cool.... minus the trigger as always), or get a .308 Mountain SS and swap the barrel for a 6.5. Like the idea of sticking with the 700 platform, but also like the compact actions akin to the M7 and 600 series.

Quote Originally Posted by madashell View Post
    Looking forward to checking out this new Model 7 in 6.5cm.

Trying to decide whether to go with it (assuming it's cool.... minus the trigger as always), or get a .308 Mountain SS and swap the barrel for a 6.5. Like the idea of sticking with the 700 platform, but also like the compact actions akin to the M7 and 600 series.
    You can't go wrong with either platform.....

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Good morning Leavenworth,

I too am 5' 11" and 200 lbs. I have had many Remington model 7's. They fit like a glove for us larger framed guys. Almost like a real sweet mountain rifle if you will.

I would look at a regular Remington model seven at your LGS if you can and try to imagine that platform with a way nicer and better fitting stock on it. I hope this helps somewhat.

John
    Hi John
    That's very good to know ! Thanks for the reply !
    Leavenworth

CGN frequent flyer
    I seem to have lost were a member commented on the Model Seven having a lot of bolt slop and did not like the small bridge of the Model Seven . I understand bolt slop but what does he mean when he says it has a small bridge . Is he talking about the rear portion where you mount the scope ? Also would a Model 700 in short action have the same sort of bridge or is it longer ? I think what I'm trying to get at is Model Seven Short Action the same as a Model 700 Short Action ?
    Thanks
    Leavenworth

Deep in the Darkest Bush there is ! and Kamloops
    I seem to have lost were a member commented on the Model Seven having a lot of bolt slop and did not like the small bridge of the Model Seven . I understand bolt slop but what does he mean when he says it has a small bridge . Is he talking about the rear portion where you mount the scope ? Also would a Model 700 in short action have the same sort of bridge or is it longer ? I think what I'm trying to get at is Model Seven Short Action the same as a Model 700 Short Action ?
    Thanks
    Leavenworth
    Model 7 is a Bit Shorter action ( 1/2 ) then the M700 and the rear bridge where the scope base would mount is a shorter area by about (1/2) - Makes NO diff in the WORLD of anything ! the Ejection port area is actually longer by about (1/4) then the M700 - RJ
    INDIGENOUS JIM - Born and Raised in British Columbia and A Canadian !

The 284 WIN - is the Original Short Magnum !

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by remington jim View Post
    Model 7 is a Bit Shorter action ( 1/2 ) then the M700 and the rear bridge where the scope base would mount is a shorter area by about (1/2) - Makes NO diff in the WORLD of anything ! the Ejection port area is actually longer by about (1/4) then the M700 - RJ
    Thank you for the information Remington Jim !
    Leavenworth

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by remington jim View Post
    The model 7 has a larger ejection port compared to a 700? Interesting.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    I am 6'2" and 200+. I built a model 7 in 300 SAUM about a year ago. It came with a laminated stock from the factory and it fit quite well. I switched it to a Wildcat stock, and was able to keep the LOP full length. With the pad installed it fits me really good (this is first build I have done and first long stock) it fits me very well, and is very effective.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast