Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Importing 12(6)?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsinki Cowboy View Post
    Wrong . Irunguns imported my Glock 33 without a barrel . I sent them my extended barrel imported through Q...... and had it registered restricted .
    Aha, so the pistol came into Canada with your Canadian-legal barrel. So how am I wrong?
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Wrong . Irunguns imported my Glock 33 without a barrel . I sent them my extended barrel imported through Q...... and had it registered restricted .
    But could you possess it without a barrel? Or did they have to put it together for you before you were allowed it?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 04-16-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

CGN Regular
    You can legally buy a g19 80% lower without a barrel. It’s registered as a pistol, but does not have a barrel yet

CGN frequent flyer
    They imported the handgun without a barrel , I imported the barrel through a different company and sent it to IRG and they registered it restricted .
    Thats not the inner workings of irg, though. At least, not for handguns that have oem barrels less than 105mm. As per irg themselves, they send your barrel to USA and then re-import it installed.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    You can legally buy a g19 80% lower without a barrel. It’s registered as a pistol, but does not have a barrel yet
    We are not talking about importing components.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessFan View Post
    Hey guys, question here about importing 12 (6) handguns...

Will you guys import a 12(6) handgun from the states and have it shipped to a gunsmith to be rebarreled to restricted?

If so, can the original barrel be shipped separately on the obvious understanding it will never be installed? From what I understand the barrel itself would not be prohibited as long as it never went in the (rebarreled) gun... Still would be nice from a historical standpoint (if an older gun like a ppk/1903) to have the original barrel, despite never being able to use it.

Please clarify, thanks!
    Prohibs can’t be imported into Canada.

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 03-31-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

CGN Regular
    A pistol frame , is the registered firearm. It’s not a component. The barrel length dictates the classification, and a g19 could easily be prohibited. Your argument is invalid

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    We are not talking about importing components.

CGN frequent flyer
    I should know what they did ! Too many armchair experts on this Website !! A pistol without a barrel is NOT a prohib in the USA or Canada ! It's simply a Handgun (frame) !
    LOLx3

So in that case why did you have to sent irg your extended barrel?

Irg themselves posted that procedure on this forum. I was also told the same thing by a different importer trying to import G43 without a barrel.

A handgun and a handgun frame are not the same thing. A frame is a component, so is a slide, so is a barrel. A handgun is a collection of those parts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast