Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norinco JW20 Takedown .22lr

Ah C'mon giver another go! You just got a bad one last time, I ordered two and one had cracked stock. Tenda had canpar pick it right up at my house today for an exchange. My other is mint as far as norinco standards go, with 100 down the pipe without a hiccup I'd be hard pressed to complain at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    Ah C'mon giver another go! You just got a bad one last time, I ordered two and one had cracked stock. Tenda had canpar pick it right up at my house today for an exchange. My other is mint as far as norinco standards go, with 100 down the pipe without a hiccup I'd be hard pressed to complain at this point.
    Oh so tempting! Dare I...

These were from probably the pinnacle of Chinese commercial firearms production...in the 90's they made good stuff. The breech block is very well machined, surprisingly so.
    The biggest issue with this batch is time...they have been sitting for nearly 30 years. The one I got had very dry wood inside and needed some TLC to revive it. Springs also seem a bit weak and it would probably be a good idea to replace them at some point in the near future.
    I'm willing to bet a lot of the early issues were from not completely tearing down and degreasing, that heavy smelly packing oil is more like glue and would not be conductive to proper functioning.
    They are not that hard to break right down, there are not a whole lot of parts to these guns. There are a few small assemblies with small detents/springs/pins that I would just soak in varsol rather then take apart as that's how things go flying and get lost lol.
    I may buy a 2nd just for spare parts...just a Browning forestock is more then the entire Nork rifle costs.

CGN Regular
    i bought two from Gotenda - they are obviously old stock, the oil has turned to tar. They also do not have year of manufacture and country of origin code that all Norincos now seem to have to comply with the UN. I spent an hour or so degreasing them and an other hour just cycling the gun. I know people are saying they have different parts than the Browning - not so sure of that - I used an old Gun Digest Assembly/Disassembly book to take my guns apart and the parts looked identical and the directions are also the same. Just took both guns to the range and they cycled flawlessly with all sorts of long rifle ammo - ranging from 60gn subsonic to cci minimag. No misfires no failure to eject - it was all good. Not so sure on the accuracy. About par with my Savage heavy fluted stainless barrel and laminated stock and a 2x10 scope (2 -3 inch groups at 25 yds) but that is another story. So for a third the cost of a Savage you get a gun that weighs half as much and in my case is just as accurate.

Hey NS, do you stock any spare parts for these rifles?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Parts kits are $150....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

BANNED
    I'll never understand why people knowingly buy guns that dont work

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
    I agree seems stupid if you know it won't work..... is that really a thing?

I guess I can see a case where someone sells a gun for a fraction of it's worth, disclosing it has issues and then someone that doesn't mind fixing it buys it..... but otherwise what you suggest doesn't make much sense.... specially if the person wants a gun that works out of the box.

That said I recently bought a new gun for $1500 that doesn't work out of the box so there's that.....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
    Works fine, but it would be nice to have a few spare small parts. Browning prices are insane.

This is a rather complex firearm for Norinco to replicate. I wouldn't buy one without being able to shoot it first.
    When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast