Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Let's See Your WK!!!

I had to take a dremel with a fine cutting disk and cut slots for a flat head screw driver to get 3 of mine out, I'm surprised the others came out . I'd put a ton of pressure and each one would make a loud cracking noise as they broke free. But those 3 just stripped instead of coming loose . Luckily I got some replacements quickly and now I have extra screws aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Drift117 View Post
    Ive got the type 2s but my hands still get blasted because the covers don't actually cover the port.
    Is there any solution to this? Is it only if you hold right at the gas block?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Watch the port on the gas block when you shoot it with the 15. I'm assuming with the TNA 15"? My left hand got blasted by the gas coming out of the piston system since the TNA rail had more cut outs on it than the factory rail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    Ever thought about buying M-LOK rail covers? I have type 1 and 2 covers and type 1 are so soft and comfortable that’s why I like em!
    Ive got the type 2s but my hands still get blasted because the covers don't actually cover the port.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamjor View Post
    Is there any solution to this? Is it only if you hold right at the gas block?
    There was a thread on the Black and White forum on this. Another manufacturer (details in the link I posted) sells a mid length op rod for the WK. Member jiffx2781 installed the rod and a new barrel; in the thread they stated:
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781
    I found it made a good improvement having the gas block moved 2 inches forward.
    The manufacturer also has a rifle-length op-rod available.

I read on another forum that people have sealed the carbine port on an AR-15 and drilled a new mid-length length port, but I have no idea if that is safe or could cause a possible malfunction. Probably safer to get a fresh barrel to go with the op-rod, if the gas on the hand bothers you that much
    Last edited by Ustauk; 04-16-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    There was a thread on the Black and White forum on this. Another manufacturer (details in the link I posted) sells a mid length op rod for the WK. Member jiffx2781 installed the rod and a new barrel; in the thread they stated:

I read on another forum that people have sealed the carbine port on an AR-15 and drilled a new mid-length length port, but I have no idea if that is safe or could cause a possible malfunction. Probably safer to get a fresh barrel to go with the op-rod, if the gas on the hand bothers you that much
    Oh yes, this is a very good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    You guys are probably sick of seeing my wk by now but I've got anonymouse's brass deflector in and I'm liking it alot. It even covered up my existing brass marks.

I did try to sand it down with what i had in the house to have it matte and blend in with the rifle. I plan to go back and do a better job with proper tools/grit of sandpaper. Any unevenness are my doing.

How are you holding that bottom grip on? There isn't a rail there.

Quote Originally Posted by jammieappleseed View Post
    how are you holding that bottom grip on? There isn't a rail there.
    M-LOK connection.
    NSC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post

One more inexpensive option to try with the TNA handguard; would a vertical fore-grip move your hand far enough from the gases to make it more comfortable to shoot?

Since I’m not a team member yet and can’t directly post photos,. Here’s a link to my wk180c

https://flickr.com/photos/148003506@...57706588956021
    Last edited by Joeboxer; 04-17-2019 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeboxer View Post
    Since I’m not a team member yet and can’t directly post photos,. Here’s a link to my wk180c

That’s looking good!!

Quote Originally Posted by jammieappleseed View Post
    How are you holding that bottom grip on? There isn't a rail there.
    Like somebody said, MLOK mounts direct so one benefit over the magpul afg1 or afg2 is that it can be kept snug to the handguard. that front piece comes with a spacer that lets it sit flush with a picatinny rail if that lined up better

Quote Originally Posted by Joeboxer View Post

Nice Rifle!
    The coupled mag confused the hell out of me until i realized its 2.
    What brand 45 offsets are those? and did they clear the receiver? I had to take a file to my magpul 45s.
    How do you like the MFT minimalst stock? I have one on another rifle and i think its amazing quality and seems strong especially considering its weight!

I like your idea of having the text on the picture labeling whats been changed. I may have to steal it.
    Last edited by MkivSupra; 04-18-2019 at 12:25 AM.