Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It appears Canadians and Czechs can cross-breed.... the Vz180C

Quote Originally Posted by lmar View Post
    Years ago I purchased a "overmolded" folding stock that sits on my CZ (Apparently, they took the "skinny" military version and added material).

https://www.google.com/search?q=cz58...iQQ8AETi-tJLM:

Thinking of swapping it out on my WK to give it a "fuller" look.

L
    That is the coolest stock! Light and compact, wish I could own one.

Very nice!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Anyone else done the stock conversion? Post pics!
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Subzero View Post
    That is the coolest stock! Light and compact, wish I could own one.
    If my memory serves me right CZ took a number of skeleton stocks and proceded to over-mold them with the "triangular" portion.
    Hence, they didn't have to design or modify existing stocks, other than to add new material.

Pretty simple and smart fix. Just have to find an AR buffer tube wrench to remove existing WK180C stock.

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    When I first saw the 180C, I thought the AR15 stock on it was a travesty.... the AR NEEDS the buffer tube as a result of its design, but putting that stock onto a rifle that could potentially have a folding (or literally ANY other kind of) stock seems silly.

I had thought the ACR stock or ACE ARFX would be decent, but due to the length of the receiver behind the pistol grip, both are longer than I prefer.

A short Galil stock or Vz stock were the other option I had considered. With that in mind, I pulled the stock, and created this.... thing

BEHOLD, the hybrid Vz180C.... Vz stock and irons, with a Canadian rifle!

This stock fit so easily that I'd almost have thought Wolverine designed the rifle with it in mind. The indexing tab at the top of the stock needed to be filed slightly. Add a washer, use the factory WK180 bolt, and done. Cheekweld with the Scorpion iron sights is almost perfect.

Sick. I have one in my closet right now from when I moded up my VZ.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Right on CobraGT - looks great.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

Not yet, but given how well that stock works on a 7.62x39 gun (even given where the bore axis is in relation to the stock), I think it'll be ok... probably more muzzle jump than with the more in-line AR stock, but we shall see.
    Id really like to know how it fires and if its solid after. Please let us know.

When I first saw the 180C, I thought the AR15 stock on it was a travesty.... the AR NEEDS the buffer tube as a result of its design, but putting that stock onto a rifle that could potentially have a folding (or literally ANY other kind of) stock seems silly.

I had thought the ACR stock or ACE ARFX would be decent, but due to the length of the receiver behind the pistol grip, both are longer than I prefer.

A short Galil stock or Vz stock were the other option I had considered. With that in mind, I pulled the stock, and created this.... thing

BEHOLD, the hybrid Vz180C.... Vz stock and irons, with a Canadian rifle!

This stock fit so easily that I'd almost have thought Wolverine designed the rifle with it in mind. The indexing tab at the top of the stock needed to be filed slightly. Add a washer, use the factory WK180 bolt, and done. Cheekweld with the Scorpion iron sights is almost perfect.

Are those metric hex dumbells? Is that why they say keys? Should it be K or Kg?
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced... Served hero and villain alike... And carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keisersoze View Post
    Should work. Won't fold though...
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast