Page 232 of 688 FirstFirst ... 212222224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240242252 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I see multiple posts of people getting their licenses issued over the phone when talking to a CFO. I've called 1-800-731-4000 and was told my application is now in it's final stage. It was sent to the CFO of BC last week. Is there a number I can call that will allow me to talk directly to a CFO in BC? Are the people who answer the phones at this number (1-800-731-4000) strictly phone operators or are they CFOs?

Quote Originally Posted by mhintay View Post
    I see multiple posts of people getting their licenses issued over the phone when talking to a CFO. I've called 1-800-731-4000 and was told my application is now in it's final stage. It was sent to the CFO of BC last week. Is there a number I can call that will allow me to talk directly to a CFO in BC? Are the people who answer the phones at this number (1-800-731-4000) strictly phone operators or are they CFOs?
    When you call 1-800-731-4000 you talk to a CFP Operators (Canadian Firearms Program) they seem to only create your file online and in the system, take your money and THEN send it to your provincial CFO (Chief Firearms Officers) They seem to be the one to actually do the background check.

When I did call the CFP the lady told me that my file is in the hands of the Quebec CFO, I did request if it was possible to call them.. She told me that she was able to transfer me to them only if I have been waiting for a very LONG time... But online you can easily find their extension number because it seems to be the same number but you need to use the good extension associate to your CFO.

==================
    The Chief Firearms Office (CFO) of Quebec : 1 800 731-4000 Extension 7005
    The Chief Firearms Office (CFO) of British Columbia : 1 800 731-4000 Extension 9530
    The Chief Firearms Office (CFO) of Ontario : 1 800 731-4000 Extension 7503

==================

You have nothing to lose, Try
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zulopol View Post
    When you call 1-800-731-4000 you talk to a CFP Operators (Canadian Firearms Program) they seem to only create your file online and in the system, take your money and THEN send it to your provincial CFO (Chief Firearms Officers) They seem to be the one to actually do the background check.

When I did call the CFP the lady told me that my file is in the hands of the Quebec CFO, I did request if it was possible to call them.. She told me that she was able to transfer me to them only if I have been waiting for a very LONG time... But online you can easily find their extension number because it seems to be the same number but you need to use the good extension associate to your CFO.

==================
    The Chief Firearms Office (CFO) of British Columbia : 1 800 731-4000 Extension 9530

==================

This is exactly what I am planning on doing tomorrow. It will be putting me at day 71 and I confirmed back in the start of May that my application was filled out properly and wasn't missing any info, which it wasn't. It was at that same time I was informed my application was with the BC CFO and was told to call back in two weeks if there was no movement. Called back exactly 2 weeks to that day and was told the same thing and then told to wait another 2-4 weeks. It has since been a little over 3 weeks since then so I figure I gave them the better part of the 4 weeks and I am rightfully owed some sort of information. No boxes checked, no criminal record unless a 10+ year old speeding ticket makes me a criminal. This process started in January for me so I am a little miffed at the transparency of application processing time, especially when you see people submitting applications months after you getting approved and a card in hand before you even know whats going on with yours. *shrug*

What's the CFO extension for Alberta?
    Me vs. PaL wait times

That was before the «#Printer Issue#» pretty sure that its only the cleaning lady that unplugged the printer to connect her vaccum but forgot to reconnect the printer after haha
    Lol

I called and said i need it for my job(not a lie) and asked to be prioritised for printing. I had already waited over a month for printing and it hadn't even printed yet. got it last Friday. so received their end feb 27, received 31 may
    Last edited by jimmyduncan23; 06-06-2019 at 07:11 PM.

####, a passport which is way more difficult to make, you get in 2 weeks. A piece of plastic takes them 3+months? They get a pass as they don't need to account to anyone.

==================

==================

Thank you. I'll definitely give them a call weekly until they issue and print my PAL. Like you said, I have nothing to lose
    Last edited by mhintay; 06-06-2019 at 10:40 PM.

The problem of unreasonable delays seems concentrate in Quebec and British Columbia.
    Born to Hunt... Forced to Work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qc_BearHunter View Post
    The problem of unreasonable delays seems concentrate in Quebec and British Columbia.
    Ontario doesn't seem to be any better. I am waiting into my 5th week soon.