Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 818202122232425262728293031323334353638 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: Troy 102 Non Restricted Semi Auto Rifle, PRESALE NOW LIVE!

I must say I’m not super impressed. Paid full pre sale for a Troy and now FRT says NEA?? I just sold my BCL 102 for a NEA 102?
    I know Troy makes great products but I’m still a little weary and was misled.

CGN Regular
    I thought NEA was out of the firearms game after "Black Creek Labs has recently made significant strategic and operational changes in order to move into a new era of developing and manufacturing quality products for the global defence industry and the individual Canadian consumer.

One of the boldest moves that Black Creek has recently made is the decision to demerge North Eastern Arms Group."

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/01...t-black-creek/

The PAR looks cool

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    We'll be posting the FRT sheet for the Troy 102 shortly. The FRT changed slightly from what we were originally told...don't worry it is still 100% made by Troy Defense in the US and non restricted. What you will see on the FRT is that it says Make: Troy Defense, Model Troy 102 BUT the manufacturer now shows North Eastern Arms. NEA is not making this rifle, it is a Troy made rifle. It shows NEA as the manufacturer as it turns out they sold Troy the data package. I know some people dislike NEA but don't be concerned, this is not an NEA firearm in any way except they provided Troy with the file to make the receiver set.

Ryan
    Strange that the FRT would say manufactured in Canada. The FRT is wrong?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    Strange that the FRT would say manufactured in Canada. The FRT is wrong?
    Guys,

I'll chime in here as I worked with SFRC and Troy on this;

The only part of a firearm the RCMP care about is the receiver. For the AR10, it is the lower.

To get this project to market and avoid the 12+ month wait for a unique FRT, the IP for a 102 approved lower was licensed from NEA to Troy in the USA.

Because NEA is the original manufacturer on record with the RCMP, it will also be the manufacturer. Which is separate from where it is manufactured.

The Troy 102 is not a branded NEA. It is a newly made, Troy manufactured rifle that simply uses the NEA approved TDP which has been approved by the RCMP. The changes troy made to the receiver were submitted to the RCMP and deemed to be within acceptable tolerances to the original and therefore, we could move things forward.

If anyone wants further info, please feel free to PM me, but neither SFRC or TSE are misleading anyone here.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

What happened to the preorders on the 6.5 creed and .243 model? Sold out? Delayed until the .308s are done?

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Guys,

I'll chime in here as I worked with SFRC and Troy on this;

The only part of a firearm the RCMP care about is the receiver. For the AR10, it is the lower.

To get this project to market and avoid the 12+ month wait for a unique FRT, the IP for a 102 approved lower was licensed from NEA to Troy in the USA.

Because NEA is the original manufacturer on record with the RCMP, it will also be the manufacturer. Which is separate from where it is manufactured.

The Troy 102 is not a branded NEA. It is a newly made, Troy manufactured rifle that simply uses the NEA approved TDP which has been approved by the RCMP. The changes troy made to the receiver were submitted to the RCMP and deemed to be within acceptable tolerances to the original and therefore, we could move things forward.

If anyone wants further info, please feel free to PM me, but neither SFRC or TSE are misleading anyone here.

JR
    Hey JR, thank you very much for the informative update, it is very helpful.

With NEA licencing Troy to use their IP for the AR10 lower, would you know what NEA has planned for their AR10 platform?
    Licencing a competitor could be seen as a change in NEA's direction for the manufacturing of AR10s within Canada.
    Just curious.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by King0265 View Post
    I must say I’m not super impressed. Paid full pre sale for a Troy and now FRT says NEA?? I just sold my BCL 102 for a NEA 102?
    I know Troy makes great products but I’m still a little weary and was misled.
    It is a Troy, made by Troy in the US. NEA owns the design for the NEA102 style lower so FRT's will always show that. It's not an NEA made gun...NEA doesn't make anything anymore...they just license out their lower style to people.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Weber View Post
    What happened to the preorders on the 6.5 creed and .243 model? Sold out? Delayed until the .308s are done?
    We never sold the 6.5 and the 243 models as Troy is only making 308 ones at this time.

Ryan

NEA does not physically manufacture anything anymore. Since they split with BCL they are mainly doing product design, consulting etc and licensing products they design.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by RAConnol View Post
    Hey JR, thank you very much for the informative update, it is very helpful.

With NEA licencing Troy to use their IP for the AR10 lower, would you know what NEA has planned for their AR10 platform?
    Licencing a competitor could be seen as a change in NEA's direction for the manufacturing of AR10s within Canada.
    Just curious.

Rick