Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Delays in scope repairs?

BANNED
    Well, you may complain about Korth and Leupold , I suggest you research what other repair centers have for turn around times.

Today's society is one that desires instant gratification, patience, it's pretty rare.

Why not just purchase a spare scope?
    Last edited by Kelly Timoffee; 07-29-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    Never had any issues with Leupold/Korth. Had them re parallax scopes. Usually a week turn around. They even replaced a scope I totally destroyed on a quad. It was 100% my fault. Leupold gave me a brand new replacement scope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Timoffee View Post
    Well, you may complain about Korth and Leupold , I suggest you research what other repair centers have for turn around times.

Today's society is one that desires instant gratification, patience, it's pretty rare.

Why not just purchase a spare scope?
    Thanks gents, we certainly appreciate the support. The last point is especially important - you can never have too many optics!

KGL

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    Thanks gents, we certainly appreciate the support. The last point is especially important - you can never have too many optics!

KGL
    I will say, I have recently made the decision to go more towards Leupold products, not specifically due to the product but the service/support behind the product.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Are your repairs causing any delays in the service/repair of spotting scopes etc? Thanks
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Are your repairs causing any delays in the service/repair of spotting scopes etc? Thanks
    No. Gold Ring and Mark 4 spotters are serviced in the US (where they are built). The other lines of spotting scopes are produced offshore, and are generally replaced when defective.

KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    No. Gold Ring and Mark 4 spotters are serviced in the US (where they are built). The other lines of spotting scopes are produced offshore, and are generally replaced when defective.

KGL
    Thanks, any kind of "guesstimate" for a service/repair on a Mark 4? Thanks again
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Timoffee View Post
    I will say, I have recently made the decision to go more towards Leupold products, not specifically due to the product but the service/support behind the product.
    I've recently made the same decision for a few different reasons.

1) Generally, their glass is better than their competitors' in a similar range/price bracket. I have a couple Vortex I'm happy with, but I find generally their glass tends to get hazy on the edges as you crank up the magnification. I'm yet to see that on a Leupold. 2) I've had a few interactions with Korth and each seems to be better than the last. Leupold stands firmly behind their product and in turn Korth behind the product they distribute. Their staff has also been extremely pleasant to deal with anytime I've had to call in. 3) When you buy a Leupold you're buying an excellent scope with the promise of good warranty coverage should you ever need it. There are other manufacturers who sell an excellent scope with the promise of good warranty coverage because they know you'll probably need it. There is a very big difference between the former and the latter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmoney47 View Post
    Ya he said sorry for acting like a dick!
    Yep, while some are still at it!

Quote Originally Posted by riversrest View Post
    Yep, while some are still at it!
    Well I hope you let us know when you happily receive your scope back and how it was remedied.

Korth has been stellar to me in the past.
    Count your blessings that you have a Canadian depot that services a great product line.

I've got 30 plus Leupolds and have called on service twice.
    Both times extra quick and better than asked for.
    Hang in there guys and to heck with the ones that ##### that their ice cream is too cold.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast