Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals want to prohibit more assault weapons rather than ban handguns

Why do I never hear any politician talking about changing the laws to massively increase sentences and fines to Criminals who are caught with illegal gun ?

Its always talk about taking away and banning guns from the general public but never a single peep about targeting those who are the ones actually shooting people and in possession of all these illegal guns ?

They say straw buyers are the issue ok $500,000 fine and a 10 year sentence !

People shooting people on the streets of Toronto ok a criminal caught with an illegal gun 10 year sentence a criminal using a gun in commission of a crime 15 years in jail

Nobody in the gun community would object because this has nothing to do with the legal law abiding gun owners this directly targets the problem they are all talking and worried about !
    Last edited by Ravage; 07-27-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    We must be united. Anyone who owns guns must be united - hunters, sports shooters...it does't matter what discipline you are in. If they come for one of us, they are coming for all of us! We must show solidarity. Three things we must do:

1) Turf the Liberals in October

2) Turf Bill Blair from his riding in October - support Capt. Kimberly Fawcett, a veteran, to take over Scarborough Southwest.

3) Buy more AR15s, buy more semi auto sporting rifles, to show the Liberals Canadian do not agree with them with both our votes and pocket books. We will not stop our hobbies because of the Liberals' threat, bribery and divisive tactics.
    I got my RPAL exactly for that reason a few months ago! Monday I will receive my AR-15 (Colt Canada)!! Already have a VZ-58 and a GLOCK 17.
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    Why do I never hear any politician talking about changing the laws to massively increase sentences and fines to Criminals who are caught with illegal gun ?

Its always talk about taking away and banning guns from the general public but never a single peep about targeting those who are the ones actually shooting people and in possession of all these illegal guns ?

They say straw buyers are the issue ok $500,000 fine and a 10 year sentence !

People shooting people on the streets of Toronto ok a criminal caught with an illegal gun 10 year sentence a criminal using a gun in commission of a crime 15 years in jail

Nobody in the gun community would object because this has nothing to do with the legal law abiding gun owners this directly targets the problem they are all talking and worried about !
    "Caught with illegal gun " could apply to any or all of us. If not now, then after the next election. Too bad gun law can't strictly focus on the use of guns, rather than simple possession.
    Bomb 'em back to the stone age. ... Curtis Lemay

Tax 'em back to the stone age. ...Justin Trudeau

Super GunNutz The Cold Lake Kid's Avatar
    Lieberals continuing their campaign of divide and conquer.

"Too much negative reaction on here on this version? OK, Let's try this! It's a smaller group and we can get this banned as a compromise. Until the next round. Then we'll try again."
    The Cold Lake Kid: SASS # 51474,
    GOFWG #141, Charter Member and Trail Boss East, Square Circle Wranglers ( www.squarecirclewranglers.ca )
    GOLD member Leaders Circle. Provincial Corner Stone Member
    Proudly Alberta Born and Raised.
    Hoping Trail Boss soon becomes available!

CGN frequent flyer
    f:P

I could see them trying to ban more VZ58s and the AR-15 in general, seeing as the el paso shooter used an AK variant and the Dayton antifa POS used an AR-15. I don't think they will succeed, there is so much good footage from america of people explaining the difference between AR-15s and other rifles and our mag limits are much smaller. The AR-15 is simply evolved technology and libtards should #### off and stop being luddites. I say libtards because if you are right wing and anti gun, let's face it, you aren't really right wing. You can't advocate for freedom economically, but then advocate for civil disarmament so then the gov is likely to infringe upon your other freedoms.

#1 Cause of property loss in 2020 if there is a trudeau government: Boating Accidents

North of Hope in the " Cariboo " in Beautiful British Columbia.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    ^^^^ THIS !! ---- besides , I Don,t have any true " Assault Weapons " .

This always make me sad. For one thing, bans only really hurt the law abiding gun owners from purchasing more exotic firearms and cooler toys, not from criminals acquiring them. A ban might actually have the opposit affect as it would raise the value of handguns for criminals, making it more sought after on the black market and other illegal providers.

The real answers is targeting gangs, handling the holes in the border and improving the laws as society adapts. Just stopping it won't end the violence, actual work must be done to do that.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by WulfofSilver View Post
    This always make me sad. For one thing, bans only really hurt the law abiding gun owners from purchasing more exotic firearms and cooler toys, not from criminals acquiring them. A ban might actually have the opposit affect as it would raise the value of handguns for criminals, making it more sought after on the black market and other illegal providers.

The real answers is targeting gangs, handling the holes in the border and improving the laws as society adapts. Just stopping it won't end the violence, actual work must be done to do that.

You're right but instead of getting mad and ranting, get even by helping to unseat the politicians and bureaucrats that are so dysfunctional and likely corrupt.
    A VOTE FOR MAX WAS DEFINITELY A VOTE FOR TRUDEAU