Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Troy 102 !! EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS !!

Still no answer on the receiver material? BCL used the softer 6xxx series aluminum.

Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum is what Troy used for it's other.308

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    Still no answer on the receiver material? BCL used the softer 6xxx series aluminum.
    If it's not explicitly stated the it's safe to assume it's not 7075.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Silencer View Post
    If it's not explicitly stated the it's safe to assume it's not 7075.
    Probably. The difference in price between 6061 and 7075 is significant enough that you think they'd mention it.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RAConnol View Post
    Good greif, the FRT is a legal document that Troy used as a starting point and then Troy clearly made many changes in the actual rifle.

Here is my, rather nicely put together, and well shooting BCL 102.
    Note the following changes from the Troy 102:
    All the furnature is different, but nobody cares.

Gone is the BCL Ambi bolt release, and the trigger guards also changed, so the lower is different.
    The upper is similar but again different, notice the different lines.
    The handguards are very different.
    The barrel is completely different.

Most importantly, but not shown clearly is the that BCG is very different in who makes it.
    It was the BCG and extractor issues that gave most people issues with their BCL 102.
    I was lucky enough not to have any issues with my BCG.

So while both rifles follow similar AR10 patterns, claiming a Tory is a BCL is, in my mind, like claiming a Norinco AR15 is the same rifle and my Colt Canada MMR.
    With no disrespect to BCL as they have given me no reason for complaining. The fit, finish, and tolerances of my BCL 102 upper, lower, and handguard are spot on, and on par with my CC MMR.

What stock is that??? I like👌👌👍👍
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by flavc3 View Post
    What stock is that??? I like��������
    FAB Defense GL-SHOCK AR15/M16 Shock Absorbing Butt-Stock with a FAB Defense “MBA” Deployable Mono-Pod Butt-Stock Add-On.

I picked this set up before I installed the Precision Armament, M4-72 Tactical Compensator, 308/7.62mm.

With the PA M4-72 installed the Shock-absorbing stock becomes rather redundant, however, I still use the monopod all the time at the gun range.

Edit I forgot to mention the FAB Defense Adjustable Cheek Rest for GL-SHOCK Butt-Stock, which is also rather redundant now that I have the lower Burris XTR Signature Scope Rings.
    Last edited by RAConnol; 08-27-2019 at 04:53 PM.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1976 View Post
    For the record.

JR at TSE: explicitly confirmed "this is not a joint venture, and BCL selling troy the FRT is false."

JR, please clarify your statements as made in your threads. When did this change

Thankyou
    This never changed. Call BCL if you want proof. NEA and BCL parted ways. After that: An exchange of IP to Troy was brokered from NEA's ownership to Troy Industries so that Troy could build a firearm for Canada based on an already approved FRT. Therefore speeding things up considerably.

Once Troy has the IP, they did their own magic to the design, but maintained enough similarities so that the RCMP stayed happy.... nuff said...

I don't know what scandal people are trying to find here.

Never the less... in less than a week, there will be a steady supply of yet another non-restricted option for Canadians by a quality manufacturer.... at a reasonable price.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    This never changed. Call BCL if you want proof. NEA and BCL parted ways. After that: An exchange of IP to Troy was brokered from NEA's ownership to Troy Industries so that Troy could build a firearm for Canada based on an already approved FRT. Therefore speeding things up considerably.

Once Troy has the IP, they did their own magic to the design, but maintained enough similarities so that the RCMP stayed happy.... nuff said...

I don't know what scandal people are trying to find here.

Never the less... in less than a week, there will be a steady supply of yet another non-restricted option for Canadians by a quality manufacturer.... at a reasonable price.

JR
    Now,can you convince them to make some receiver sets for us?

Pretty stoked to see this rifle,but why couldn’t they make that upper receiver contour line up with the lower,it’s killing my OCD.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Now,can you convince them to make some receiver sets for us?

Pretty stoked to see this rifle,but why couldn’t they make that upper receiver contour line up with the lower,it’s killing my OCD.
    Lol I know right?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar

JR
    Which would explain why the Troy rifle is based on the original Gen 1 design that was originally brought to market by NEA.

BCL and their subsequent generations of the design have absolutely nothing to do with anything. It would make no sense at all for BCL to sell a design to another unrelated manufacturer when doing so would directly affect their own interests in the firearms market.

Thanks for clearing this up JR. Hopefully now some people will start to get it. There is no BCL/Troy conspiracy happening here.

JR
    And that right there is really all that matters
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 08-27-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast