Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1525272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: STAG-10 In the Wild!

What optics are you nutters running? I'm trying to decide what would be best on it.
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    What optics are you nutters running? I'm trying to decide what would be best on it.
    im using a Vortex Viper . Had a Holosun red dot on at first but hit the range and realized I wanted to reach out and touch something.

Changed over and im happy I did.
    Don't miss... I won't...

Quote Originally Posted by RancherBriggs View Post
    Does anyone know of any STAG 10 hanguards that are 17" plus in M-LOK in canada ?
    Maple ridge armoury has 15" and 17". I've got the 15" on mine with a 20" faxon match fluted barrel and it goes about an inch past the gas block. 17" might look a little too long in my opinion.

Still deciding on the optic myself, but I started with a Burris Fullfield 3-9x40 on a PEPR mount and found it to be pretty heavy, so for fun I put a Bushnell TRS-25 on it that I had laying around, and it works surprisingly well.
    What do Tehran and Hiroshima have in common?

Nothing. Yet.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    Soon will have a Zeiss 5-25.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

I went with a swaro S3.
    "I probably don't know half as much about this as I think I do."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Bushnell LTRSi 3.5 - 18 x
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

I want buy a Trijicon 1-8x but they are so GD expensive. I could pull the MRO off my Scorpion and run that until I finalize my optic choice. I do think a variable optic is best for this. Red dots are awesome for those in tight shots, but being able to hit far out would be ideal. Dont know if a Vortex 1-8 strike eagle would be the budget option for that or not
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RancherBriggs View Post
    Does anyone know of any STAG 10 hanguards that are 17" plus in M-LOK in canada ?
    V7 Hyperlight and Odin Works O2 lite are nice.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Well, i've been thinking of building an AR-10 style rifle for a few years now. I almost bought a BCL-102 just to get into the game. I m glad I didn't. I have placed my last order on parts. Now its just a matter of waiting for everything to come in. Here is a list of my parts i've got on the way.

Stag 10 Upper and Lower receiver set
    Faxon Arms 18.6" Big Gunner barrel
    Faxon Arms Full Mass BCG
    DPMS Commercial Carbine Buffer assembly
    Superlative Arms Adjustable gas block (0.750")
    Rifle Length gas tube
    Maple Ridge 17" X1 M-LOK Handguard
    Radian Weapons Raptor LT ambi charging handle
    Fab Defence GL-CORE stock
    ACS XCR-M 10rd pistol mags

I cant wait till everything starts coming in so I can build this thing. Not sure on optics as of yet. Thinking along the lines of a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8X24. But well see. I will get some photos as I progress with the build. I'm planning on using some Permatex Indian head shellac to bed the barrel. But that will be determined once I get the parts to see how well they fit each other. Im still working on finding a lapping tool for the receiver to barrel connection. If anyone know of a place in Canada to get one please comment. And great pics from others. I enjoyed seeing how everyone else did theirs up.