Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Over seventy-five thousand - 75,634 - AR-15s currently registered to individuals

I have plan. If i have to i will give them just my stripped lower encased in cement block with the number visible.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    It won't measurably affect homicide, because most of those guns aren't this type of gun, or from this source. So it's not just that it will be less than 1.7% of a difference of homicide, it'll be more like 1/10,000 of a percent of a reduction, which is to say none at all. Not a single life.
    This isn't a crime bill. This isn't about public safety.
    It's just that Liberals don't like the guns.

Congratulations. It's only taken you three years to put together crime prevention legislation that has no hope of preventing crime.
    -- Sydney Ellen Wade

Sam Seaborn : It's not about personal freedom, and it certainly has nothing to do with public safety. It's just that some people like guns.

Ainsley Hayes : Yes, they do. But you know what's more insidious than that? Your gun control position doesn't have anything to do with public safety, and it's certainly not about personal freedom. It's about you don't like people who *do* like guns. You don't like the people. Think about that, the next time you make a joke about it.

Quote Originally Posted by andycal View Post
    I have plan. If i have to i will give them just my stripped lower encased in cement block with the number visible.
    Honestly the biggest nuisance is that even if the Liberals do this a future Conservative government will undo it, so I'll lose my collection for *nothing*.

Lets hit 100,000 boys !!
    Make Canada great again

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Rangebob that’s one heck of a long post, I will have to take a bit to digest it all! Lol

The one point that is COMPLETELY true that should be pointed out to the public is the number of officers taken out of regular duty to conduct this confiscation. Most police services are already understaffed, and those dealing with the shootings this confiscation is meant to curb CANNOT spare the manpower to go round up thousands of legal guns almost never used in the shootings they are investigating.

It’s complete and total insanity!
    CSSA and CCFR member

This is 250,000 out of 14 million guns, or 1.7 %.
    Bill Blair suggests that people do what Australian's did -- use the buy back money to buy new guns. ( http://y2u.be/TFZK1cq6MgM )

Thus it won't affect gun deaths, in terms of suicide or accidents. The semi-automatic feature of a gun has no effect on suicide.

It won't measurably affect homicide, because most of those guns aren't this type of gun, or from this source. So it's not just that it will be less than 1.7% of a difference of homicide, it'll be more like 1/10,000 of a percent of a reduction, which is to say none at all. Not a single life.

There's only been one case of a registered AR-15 being used in a homicide in Canada, and that was stolen.
    He is talking about ALL semi-automatic rifles. Wow. He also thinks there’s only 250k of them? Good luck with that, how many SKSs does he think there are alone?
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    Rangebob that’s one heck of a long post, I will have to take a bit to digest it all! Lol

The one point that is COMPLETELY true that should be pointed out to the public is the number of officers taken out of regular duty to conduct this confiscation. Most police services are already understaffed, and those dealing with the shootings this confiscation is meant to curb CANNOT spare the manpower to go round up thousands of legal guns almost never used in the shootings they are investigating.

It’s complete and total insanity!
    Very good point. Obviously that's beyond my experience, but it's your expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    He is talking about ALL semi-automatic rifles. Wow. He also thinks there’s only 250k of them? Good luck with that, how many SKSs does he think there are alone?
    No. It's probably a list of models.
    Possibly the ones that the head of the RCMP Firearms Lab dislikes.

[a little more information, to bind the range of guesses]

In 2012, there were about 900,000 non-restricted semi-automatic rifles, and about 30,000 restricted semi-automatic rifles. registered.

Add to that, this:

One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

No. It's probably a list of models.
    Possibly the ones that the head of the RCMP Firearms Lab dislikes.
    He mentioned several shootings involving the VZ 58, M305 as well as semi-automatic rifles designed for war as cheap as $300- SKS?
    CSSA and CCFR member

All firearms were originally designed for war. They became useful tools at home during peace times. I use a modern semiauto sporting rifle to hunt for the same reason you use a power drill instead of a hand drill. Some people are just so anti-gun that they will turn a blind eye to all of the facts. They come for the semis now, but next will be your bolt or lever gun. Their goal is to disarm the nation to attain ultimate control.