Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Over seventy-five thousand - 75,634 - AR-15s currently registered to individuals

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jetm View Post
    I have skimmed /read most of the posts here and cannot believe how many of you would gladly turn over a complete rifle. When there just about to boot my door in, the lower with the registration papers rolled and stuffed in the magwell will come hurtling out the top floor window.
    Our club is exploring the idea of canceling all RCMP contracts for range use: practice, qualification, etc. We will work with local municipal law, but not Federal.
    I can't believe how many people think they will be allowed to turn in a stripped lower when the firearm is registered as a whole rifle.

For the record I have no intent of handing over anything.

If every gun club in the country immediately refused to support LE training, the RCMP would probably need to build about 100 million dollars worth of infrastructure. IF the RCMP put officers on the road without meeting their obligations for annual requalification, they would probably find themselves facing another half billion dollar class action lawsuit from the union.

Would be nice if all of our clubs could afford to forgo the revenue for a year.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    I can't believe how many people think they will be allowed to turn in a stripped lower when the firearm is registered as a whole rifle.

For the record I have no intent of handing over anything.

If every gun club in the country immediately refused to support LE training, the RCMP would probably need to build about 100 million dollars worth of infrastructure. IF the RCMP put officers on the road without meeting their obligations for annual requalification, they would probably find themselves facing another half billion dollar class action lawsuit from the union.

Would be nice if all of our clubs could afford to forgo the revenue for a year.
    They will absolutely be able to turn in just a lower, as long as they call their CFO and re-register their complete as just a lower.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Helka View Post
    They will absolutely be able to turn in just a lower, as long as they call their CFO and re-register their complete as just a lower.
    I specifically states firearms still registered as a whole rifle. Sure some people may get in front of it and re-register before the ban, but most won't. And how many firearms do you think the CFO is going to allow people to re-register AFTER they are banned?
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

I specifically states firearms still registered as a whole rifle. Sure some people may get in front of it and re-register before the ban, but most won't. And how many firearms do you think the CFO is going to allow people to re-register AFTER they are banned?
    Oh yeah? What if the owner sold all the other parts of the rifle? Prove it lmfao. The only controlled part of that rifle is the lower there’s absolutely noting illegal about “selling off” everything else. Can’t hand in something you no longer have now can you?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    In July we filed an Access to Information request with the RCMP, asking for the number of AR-15s registered to individuals. The number was 75,634 as of August 14, 2019.

There is an estimate of 5,000,000 AR-15s in the United States; a handful of which have been abused which speaks volumes

It is an open question if the above figure is corrected or deflated to make us look like fringe oddballs. To discriminate a minority like firearms owners the first thing these people do is minimize us, just like when they said the dysfunctional happily dead firearms registry would cost 50 million, only to find out the true cost was 2 billion which they hid in the system until it came to light and even the media went after the squandering of tax dollars with the ferocity of a two week rocket barrage in Ottawa. I have never seen such a media barrage. I just 2 billion hidden from the public tends to piss off even the media.To screw firearms owners and take our property they have to distort, cheat and lie

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lapua001 View Post
    There is an estimate of 5,000,000 AR-15s in the United States; a handful of which have been abused which speaks volumes

It is an open question if the above figure is corrected or deflated to make us look like fringe oddballs. To discriminate a minority like firearms owners the first thing these people do is minimize us, just like when they said the dysfunctional happily dead firearms registry would cost 50 million, only to find out the true cost was 2 billion which they hid in the system until it came to light and even the media went after the squandering of tax dollars with the ferocity of a two week rocket barrage in Ottawa. I have never seen such a media barrage. I just 2 billion hidden from the public tends to piss off even the media.To screw firearms owners and take our property they have to distort, cheat and lie
    It is an outright conservative lie that the non restricted registry cost two billion dollars. It was the creation of the entire Canadian Firearms Program that cost now 3 billion and counting. Registration of long guns was just a small part of the total program cost.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeOnePack View Post
    Oh yeah? What if the owner sold all the other parts of the rifle? Prove it lmfao. The only controlled part of that rifle is the lower there’s absolutely noting illegal about “selling off” everything else. Can’t hand in something you no longer have now can you?
    What if. I doubt many will. I suspect there will lots of people who have a whole gun in the cabinet when they get the knock on the door and and expect the police to patiently wait while they strip their receiver down. Ain't going to happen.

Sure if you strip it down in advance and dispose of the parts you haven't committed any crimes (as long as you reregister as a receiver only) and there will be little the police can do. But the majority of gun owners aren't going to do that. They will be caught completely unaware, and will be forced to surrender their whole firearms.

CGN Regular
    It is an outright conservative lie that the non restricted registry cost two billion dollars. It was the creation of the entire Canadian Firearms Program that cost now 3 billion and counting. Registration of long guns was just a small part of the total program cost.

What if. I doubt many will. I suspect there will lots of people who have a whole gun in the cabinet when they get the knock on the door and and expect the police to patiently wait while they strip their receiver down. Ain't going to happen.

Sure if you strip it down in advance and dispose of the parts you haven't committed any crimes (as long as you reregister as a receiver only) and there will be little the police can do. But the majority of gun owners aren't going to do that. They will be caught completely unaware, and will be forced to surrender their whole firearms.
    My two AR recevers are registered as that, receivers. Never been together as a rifle for 30 days straight

And who actually thinks the police will have the resources or the money to knock on every individuals door? They don’t do it now. I know of someone had had a license expired without their knowledge and they still had a handgun for multiple years. No knock on their door. Resources are already clearly low lol. Also to add you can remove the upper receiver in 15 seconds to be fair.

CGN Regular
    If a majority of Canadians vote for this incompetent fool a second time, then Canada as a nation is finished, done.

Let that sink in.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFe72zKWsAEKlgK.jpg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
    My two AR recevers are registered as that, receivers. Never been together as a rifle for 30 days straight
    If they have ever been together as rifles then you needed to report it. If you stripped them down again then you needed to report that to. There are many threads on this already so I am not going to explain it again. Ill see if I can find the link to the other thread for you.