Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1424262728293031323334353637383940414244 ... LastLast

Thread: Turknelli M4 is HERE AT LAST!!!! TAC 12 BY Trigger wholesale!!!!

CGN Regular
    The problem is that the shell lift tab which engages the bolt carrier notch has an angle that is too gentle, and it will get pushed down too easily during cycling. When this tab slips down before the lift has successfully lifted up the shell, it will jam. What you need to do is file/shave the part to a more “straight” angle for it to activate the lift more reliably. Remove where the red line touches, it will lift reliably.

All you’re doing here is to prevent the slope from contacting the bolt carrier, and instead allow the top corner to interact DEEP into the bolt carrier notch, which provides a more positive “grab”. This will allow the lift to complete its cycle before this part eventually disengages.

WARNING : Only a very small amount of material removal is needed for the corner to engage, so go very slow, also polish and lubricate.

Last edited by PinaKaleada; 10-14-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Wow piña

How do you know this chit.

Will do asap

Yupppers

It cycles now man !!! Wow. Where have you been all my life. Lol

Thanks again Piña , owe you a drink , Neon too but your in Ontario so pretty sure I'm safe .... look me up if you come to Berta.

It just sucks as there's snow on the farm now and damn windy

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf300H&H View Post
    Yupppers

It cycles now man !!! Wow. Where have you been all my life. Lol

Thanks again Piña , owe you a drink , Neon too but your in Ontario so pretty sure I'm safe .... look me up if you come to Berta.

It just sucks as there's snow on the farm now and damn windy
    Wow that didn’t take long. When I did it I made sure to square things up, have a small grit sandpaper with a dab of water ready to polish it. I hope your filing job looks nice. Remember to polish and lubricate.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

you nailed it PinaKaleada!

glad you could get it working properly for you wolf, id bet that if B. still has his gun this fix would solve his issues as well. with his gun the issues didn't start until after 400 rounds so maybe the steel was a bit soft and it rounded out over time

hopefully where you are its a beautiful day like it is here in Ontario and you can get out and do some shooting, if not, atleast its a short work week
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Quote Originally Posted by pinakaleada View Post
    the problem is that the shell lift tab which engages the bolt carrier notch has an angle that is too gentle, and it will get pushed down too easily during cycling.
    outstanding!

This is good info. But the big question is - is this necessary for all new guns? S&J Simon to chime in?

CGN Regular
    I can’t imagine it to be that hard if Simon orders a bunch of these improved tabs from factory and send it out to whoever needs it. It would be the easiest thing to do but helps tremendously in reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Wow that didn’t take long. When I did it I made sure to square things up, have a small grit sandpaper with a dab of water ready to polish it. I hope your filing job looks nice. Remember to polish and lubricate.
    Meh. Just went out and took 1 minute to file down.looks fine. Ya I'll clean and re lubricate soon once at home. Was just at outlaws with my family losing my mind

Functioned again with ghost load , 6 shots , buck slug , rapid fire , ouch my shoulder

What a relief .... prolly don't need to remind you guys how much a non functioning firearm gets under my skin ...... like nukes could be landing all over the planet and my top priority would be to fix gun

Thanks again pina

PS - front sight could definatley use an upgrade
    Last edited by wolf300H&H; 10-14-2019 at 05:14 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf300H&H View Post
    Meh. Just went out and took 1 minute to file down.looks fine. Ya I'll clean and re lubricate soon once at home. Was just at outlaws with my family losing my mind

Functioned again with ghost load , 6 shots , buck slug , rapid fire , ouch my shoulder

What a relief .... prolly don't need to remind you guys how much a non functioning firearm gets under my skin ...... like nukes could be landing all over the planet and my top priority would be to fix gun

Thanks again pina
    I know that exact feeling. Nothing makes my day more happy than helping a brother solve reliability issues like this. Cheers