Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Gsg-16 legal status - public announcement

CGN frequent flyer
    Actually Hrsplit, let me retract my statement and agree with you. I was trying hard to play devils advocate for both sides and be impartial, but I was in my shower thinking about this just now and you're right, if I had a NR frt from the lab and someone else's was prohib, i'd go about my own day with my own paperwork and let others deal with their own business.

Youza.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    OK. Story makes sense now. I stopped dealing with IRG after they allowed my credit cards info to be stolen and gave total BS when I (and others) figured out the source of the breach (it was IRG). Apology? None.
    Sadly true. I tried to contact them to let them know and they blew me off.

Quote Originally Posted by tactical72 View Post
    Enlighten us.
    Dealer #1 sells Beretta shotguns that he purchased from Stoeger Canada, the importer and distributor exclusively authorized by Beretta for its products in Canada. Not grey market and is covered by the Beretta warranty.

Dealer #2 sells Beretta shotguns that he imports directly from a international seller that is not authorized to distribute Beretta products in Canada. Grey market no warranty.

Grey market selling is not illegal. A large proportion of the watches sold on Amazon are grey market.

Tens of thousands for an FRT... Yeah okay I believe you.

why so much toxicity over this"? Rifles are in, being distributed, FRt is NR. who knows who called RCMp or If. could be anyone calling crime stoppers and reporting " Large amount of automatic weapons being smuggled into Canada" type.

stay united and strong. Don't feed Anti's and current election hysteria.
    Per Aspera Ad Astra

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    On the other hand these are Commercial Versions? Not an ordinary classification? That means the powers that be see them as a version of a military firearm, not just one that looks like it. That means it can be readily banned along with all CVs.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Technically different

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    Its two different rifles man, you just dont seem to get it. Are they in essence the same? Yes. Are they technically two different guns? YES. There are differences between the ATI version and the Canadian GSG direct model. BL was responsible for the NR classification for the GSG 16.
    The RCMP, as an afterthought, seems to disagree.

In order for the ATI to have been reclassified the way it was, it had to be the case that the RCMP accepted the argument that it was indistinguishable in operation from the GSG BL sells, after the fact. Usually that means they expect to lose a court appeal.

This says a lot about the subjective nature of our gun laws than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by sin View Post
    why so much toxicity over this"?
    Have you not noticed how every single firearms forum turns into a toxic ####storm, CGN is probably the worst for it. Bunch of boomers with nothing better to do than to argue online over the stupidest crap
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Quote Originally Posted by lintocs View Post
    In order for the ATI to have been reclassified the way it was, it had to be the case that the RCMP accepted the argument that it was indistinguishable in operation from the GSG BL sells
    Or someone submitted an ATI sample for them to evaluate, just as was done for the GSG version.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this not mean that we, as Canadian gun buyers, ultimately end up with more options of dealers to buy this gun from? Rather than pointing fingers and assigning blame(which we shouldn't really be doing as we weren't invovled with the process), shouldn't we be happy that we have more options, which should in turn, mean more competitive pricing?