Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EESA- East Elgin CQB Clinic 26-27 Oct 2019

I assume we are breaking for lunch each day - should we bring a packed lunch or are there food options on site or nearby?

Thanks.

Mark

Business Member
    I always tell guests to bring sandwiches.....but I am not the local club organizer here. Play it safe and bring your lunches and snacks. Better bring more water and fluids because one never knows when water supplies may be scarce.

Only a couple of weeks away. If you are sitting on the fence, I am deliberately making this happen with Steve693 because we STILL CAN......

Don’t wait until the LIEBERALS do what they promised to do.....remember, “It’s not the arrow, but the warrior!”

Cheers, Barney.

CGN Regular
    EESA does have a small kitchen onsite. It used to be open on saturdays, but it has been a long time since I have been there on a weekend. Burgers and sandwiches if I recall correctly. Can’t recall offhand if they had a fryer too.

Is there still room for one more

EESA does have a kitchen but when I put the request in I didn't request a lunch figuring that it would help keep the cost down and simplify things.

Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 10-17-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Business Member
    Only a couple more weeks until some SW Ontario CQB fun.

And YES there is lots of room available

Cheers, Barney

I'm a member at EESA, wish I could come, but I have to work...

Business Member
    Okay, I’m just checking the weather forecast for the coming weekend. It’s gonna be wet.

I’m quoting my mentor Ret’d Captain Keith Cunningham (and his wife Linda Miller) of 3w dot Milcun dot com and his favourite saying, “There’s no such thing as bad weather, just shzt clothing.....”

So I’m preaching the same shzt at you CQB’ers....

Dress for the weather. Bring a spare change of clothes for the drive home/hotel/motel/highway. Bring spare footwear. Bring spare rain gear also!!

Bring extra food and snacks... especially for the second day. Bring extra drinks and leave them in the car. If you happen to have an event tent to stay dry and keep your kit under cover.

Hey Steve.693:

Can you envision range 4 at ESSA, with the kit line (behind 35m) and space for the event tent(s) ?

I’m going to be hoteling on Talbot Street just on the East side of St. Thomas. I’m checking in tomorrow (Friday ) night.

More details about dinner on Saturday night , we’ll see. For the rest of you CQB Borden/CQB Petawawa crew, I’m not used to a town without Danny’s Steak House so we gotta see what we can arrange for Saturday evening dinner......

In Garrison Petawawa, I’ve been spoiled (for the past 7 years) by Danny’s Steak House for Saturday dinner after my clinics. They never fail to satisfy! I’m blessed!!

We are getting closer.....time to make noise with our restricted toys, and no mass shootings will ever take place with us responsible gun owners/ sport shooters! Hahahahaha

Cheers, Barney

Not much room for a tent but we are spoiled at EESA and the 50m line is covered so we are guaranteed a dry staging area if nothing else.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast